Windows 10: Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen...

Discus and support Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The issues began after I had left my PC unplugged for the past 3 weeks--I was in the middle of moving. The title pretty much sums up the issue. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eadres, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Eadres Win User

Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen...

The issues began after I had left my PC unplugged for the past 3 weeks--I was in the middle of moving. The title pretty much sums up the issue. I tried a full reinstall/reset of Windows 10. The clean reinstall resolved the issue, but it appears a certain Windows or driver update causes the issues to begin again. I can't pinpoint which update it is so I can attempt uninstalling it. In addition, I tried system recovery to the point before I installed all the windows updates, and that resolved the issue. But again, after updates, the issues reappeared. What can I do to permanently fix this withou

:)

Eadres, Jul 17, 2021
  2. MIGUEL1 Win User

mouse hover over chrome window does not activate post screen resume

Win 10 pro ver 2004 build 19041.804
    Lenovo X260

After screen has turned off then awoken by moving mouse, the chrome and edge browser screens do not become active just by hovering the mouse and moving the scroll wheel (or trackpoint)

It is necessary to either click on the tab at the top or else on the toolbar at the bottom.

I have the exact same build on a desktop which does not have that problem.

Steps tried already:
    Graphics driver check, intel HD 520 up to date, nothing to roll back to
    Mouse driver - ditto
    indexing service - refreshed
    Unused apps stopped - adobe, groove, xbox
    disk clean run
    cclean run
    Mouse setting -'scroll inactive window' is set
    DCOM error 10016 in windows log dealt with - deleted the 3 reg keys as listed in various forums.
    full virus scan with defender on and offline

Any other ideas please?

MIGUEL1, Jul 17, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen...

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen...

1. Slow start up, infinite mouse loading wheel when hovering over taskbar, flickering screen... - Similar Threads - Slow start infinite

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  5. Infinite loading on start up

Infinite loading on start up: Yesterday, my comp was lagging a lot so I restarted my pc. After I restarted my pc I was stuck in the loading I tried shutting it down and start it again by using the power button but it didn’t work . So can anyone help me pls...
  6. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  7. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  8. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse: Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for...
  10. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/