Windows 10: Slow Start-up

Discus and support Slow Start-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Crusader883, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Slow Start-up

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock screen appears, it remains blank for a few seconds until time and notifications appear. Once I hit the space bar, it takes another few seconds for my username and password field to appear. This sluggishness continues even after the desktop has appeared: the icons on the taskbar take time to appear. Even though all the icons have appeared, searching something in the Start menu takes time to yield results.

However, after a few minutes, everything catches up and becomes snappy. Upon checking the Start-up apps, I have found 8 services of which only 3 have medium impact. The specs of my device are:

• Intel core i5-7200 U
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 1 TB HDD
    • Nvidia GeForce MX130 (2 GB)

The device is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-50UW.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Crusader883, Oct 6, 2019

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Oct 6, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Slow Start-up

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Slow Start-up

1. Slow Start-up - Similar Threads - Slow Start

2. When the fan starts, everything slows to a crawl on my Lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When the fan starts, everything slows to a crawl on my Lenovo laptop.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5. I'm noticing, that every time I have a Teams meeting regardless of whether web-based or the installed app via Windows 10 and MS365, my fan gets abnormally loud, and all functions either lag or shut down completely. Furthermore, even without...
  3. When the fan starts, everything slows to a crawl on my Lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When the fan starts, everything slows to a crawl on my Lenovo laptop.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5. I'm noticing, that every time I have a Teams meeting regardless of whether web-based or the installed app via Windows 10 and MS365, my fan gets abnormally loud, and all functions either lag or shut down completely. Furthermore, even without...
  4. When the fan starts, everything slows to a crawl on my Lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow: Hey guys i noticed my pc is starting to boot/startup really really slow this days this isnt like this before, the old one is really fast to startup but now its really old how do i fix this one i feel like my pc is on harm please help...
  6. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow: Hey guys i noticed my pc is starting to boot/startup really really slow this days this isnt like this before, the old one is really fast to startup but now its really old how do i fix this one i feel like my pc is on harm please help...
  7. Hello guys my pc starting to boot really slow

8. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  9. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  10. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?