Windows 10: slow start up

Discus and support slow start up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am on windows 10 and i have two accounts on my PC computer..mine and my wifes. When I start up the computer my account loads in about 30... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by karateiceman, Dec 30, 2019.

1. slow start up

Hi,

I am on windows 10 and i have two accounts on my PC computer..mine and my wifes. When I start up the computer my account loads in about 30 secs....but when I then log into my wifes account it takes 5 or 6 mins...even when I disable all the start up programs hers still takes 5 or 6 mins to load. I have run all my virus programs ...CC cleaner, advanced care and avast but to no avail...her account still stakes 5 or 6 mins to load....... if any account should be slow I would expect mine to be the culprit...amd suggestions why hers is so slow and mine isnt.

Phil

:)

karateiceman, Dec 30, 2019

2. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Dec 30, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

slow start up

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

slow start up

1. slow start up - Similar Threads - slow start

2. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  3. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  4. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 slow to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow to start: After a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 my PC became very slow at startup. I tried some things I read on the internet but I didn't solve anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-to-start/56c35501-c1f3-4146-b8d4-666d45806487
  6. Windows 10 slow to start

Windows 10 slow to start: After a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 my PC became very slow at startup. I tried some things I read on the internet but I didn't solve anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-to-start/56c35501-c1f3-4146-b8d4-666d45806487
  7. Windows 10 slow to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Whenever I start my PC then start roblox it becomes very slow and every app crashes what do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I start my PC then start roblox it becomes very slow and every app crashes what do...: Whenever I start my PC and open roblox it works fine for about 30 seconds then it crashes and windows become extremely slow and completely unusable when i start chrome or roblox again it crashes and I have to shut down the PC and turn it back on then I have to leave it on for...
  9. Whenever I start my PC then start roblox it becomes very slow and every app crashes what do...

Whenever I start my PC then start roblox it becomes very slow and every app crashes what do...: Whenever I start my PC and open roblox it works fine for about 30 seconds then it crashes and windows become extremely slow and completely unusable when i start chrome or roblox again it crashes and I have to shut down the PC and turn it back on then I have to leave it on for...
  10. Whenever I start my PC then start roblox it becomes very slow and every app crashes what do...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging