Windows 10: Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please!

Discus and support Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Thanks to you all on this forum over the last 10 days I have sorted and loaded everything on my new Acer Aspire 3 laptop and it now works perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by moggie, Jul 4, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please!

Thanks to you all on this forum over the last 10 days I have sorted and loaded everything on my new Acer Aspire 3 laptop and it now works perfectly except............#

When I first switch it on it seems to take much longer than my old Acer to load up ie for the icons to appear on the task bar to appear and the little blue circle goes on for about a minute before I can go into anything.

Someone told me to disable most of the items in start up which I did but this has made no difference to leaving them all there. I am still running Windows version 1903 the same as my old Acer and new Acer showed as being faster when I purchased it.

Once it loads then no problem - it is definately faster finding web sites etc.

Thank you

:)

moggie, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jul 4, 2020
  3. SunnyK Win User
    New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jul 4, 2020
  4. ali2487 Win User

X800gt Help Please!

sorry but i dnt understand the init pci bit can you expalin further please mate

Maybe like a step by step if its not too much of a problem!

Plus i do have a backkup bios

Only thing when i do insert the PCIE card the computer starts up but the monitor stays on standy!

PLEASE HELP!

ali2487, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please! - Similar Threads - Slow starting switching

2. New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help: I bought a new Laptop 1 week ago. Yesterday this Laptop restart with Blue Screen Error. I don't know why. ? Recently Changes In Laptop. 1. Install Microsoft Office 2007 So today I uninstall this Microsoft Office 2007 It's a genuine version. The bluescreen file attached here -...
  3. New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop restart with Bluescreen Error Please Help: I bought a new Laptop 1 week ago. Yesterday this Laptop restart with Blue Screen Error. I don't know why. ? Recently Changes In Laptop. 1. Install Microsoft Office 2007 So today I uninstall this Microsoft Office 2007 It's a genuine version. The bluescreen file attached here -...
  4. Switching email address help please

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching email address help please: The email address I used for all Microsoft accounts including Xbox, was involved in a data breach, so I added an alias and made it my primary one, then, in Sign-in preferences I unticked the box for the original email address leaving the new one ticked. The next time I tried...
  5. Laptop is insanely slow and laggy; please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is insanely slow and laggy; please help: I have a laptop with an amd radeon hd 6320 graphics card and an amd e-450 apu processor and it's so slow and unbearable. I've made sure my drivers are up to date and I've killed almost all startup programs but i can't even play any video with even 420p quality and microsoft...
  6. My laptop makes this beeping sound when i start it, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop makes this beeping sound when i start it, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wiekusprinsloo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il97cm/my_laptop_makes_this_beeping_sound_when_i_start/
  7. Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow starting when switching on new Laptop - help please!: Thanks to you all on this forum over the last 10 days I have sorted and loaded everything on my new Acer Aspire 3 laptop and it now works perfectly except............# When I first switch it on it seems to take much longer than my old Acer to load up ie for the icons to...
  8. New laptop mishap - Please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New laptop mishap - Please help: Hi, My new, much anticipated laptop arrived on Wednesday. I bought the Office 365 Personal and McAfee Total Protection with the laptop. On Wednesday evening I started to set up the laptop, entering all the necessary details and connecting to my BT internet possibly where I...
  9. HELP on slow start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP on slow start-up: I have an HP Omen 17 gaming laptop with a 512 SSD, I have recently experienced this slow start-up thing, where it takes almost 75 seconds to get me to the sign-in page. I have disabled all start-up apps, turned off/on fast start-up, all my drivers are up to date and I have...
  10. Slow new laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow new laptop: Hi, as the title says, I just got a new laptop, bought like 3 or 4 days ago, its not mine but its the one I use. Its an Acer Aspire ES 15 with an AMD Quad core A86410 2Ghz, 12 GB DDR3 L Ram, an AMD Radeon R5 Graphics card and a normal HDD at 5400 rpm. I know that HDDs are...