Windows 10: Slow startup after installing 20h2

Discus and support Slow startup after installing 20h2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with startup times after updating latest update. [ATTACH] The startup goes from 30 sec to 5-10 minutes. The cause of this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikolaj R., Nov 21, 2020.

1. Slow startup after installing 20h2

Hi,

I have problem with startup times after updating latest update.

Slow startup after installing 20h2 996afd34-fee2-42be-88f3-c40f501d8020?upload=true.png

The startup goes from 30 sec to 5-10 minutes.

The cause of this is secondary drive with SMART errors reported. I know the drive have SMART errors but i intend to use it until it literal dies.

I proven it by rebooting the computer without the drive takes ~30 sec, and with the drive 5+ minutes.

The problem was NOT existent on 2004. The drive has the same SMART error 10 years already and still works for garbage data as intended.

The system itself is on another drive that is fast and healthy. The computer have several drives connected, where all other are SMART healthy.

I know that recently Windows added SMART diagnostic and I suspect that this is the problem here, but i dont know how to verify that further.

How to make fast boots with the failing drive connected ?

Regards,

Mikolaj

:)

Mikolaj R., Nov 21, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow startup after installing 20h2 :cool:

SlipSlice, Nov 21, 2020
  3. catstone Win User
    Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Slow startup after installing 20h2

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Slow startup after installing 20h2

1. Slow startup after installing 20h2 - Similar Threads - Slow startup installing

2. 20h2 - slow on network printer install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20h2 - slow on network printer install: Hey all! Any one else see network printers super slow on setup? My business is testing 20H2 and we are seeing weird printer issues. They work after about 10ish minutes. submitted by /u/Dylandy29 [link] [comments]...
  3. Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2: So this is my second time installing Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop. Both attempts have caused issues with my Wi-Fi speeds and browsing the internet is almost unusable right now since it will work for a minute and then just stops loading for 20-30 seconds. The first issue that...
  4. Slow to a crawl after 20H2

Slow to a crawl after 20H2: I updated Windows 10 a week ago to 20H2 and I have had a host of problems including: disk usage always at 100%, startup taking 10-15min consistently, web based programs (chrome, discord) take AGES to open, wifi dropping/cutting out. I've seen other people mentioning BSODs but...
  5. Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.: It is a shame that, Windows, who boasts itself as supreme operating system can't handle updates. I can tell you for sure that Windows 10 is slower than its predecessors. My laptop is a HP Pavilion x360 with i5-8th Gen and a 8GB RAM with 4GB DDR. It is just 2 years old and...
  6. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...
  7. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after installing 20H2: I just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops different models. I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have several on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates,...
  8. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.: I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I...
  9. Slow Startup Build after 19619

Slow Startup Build after 19619: I have been having an issue with build after 19619. It takes almost six minutes to boot and then a few minutes to logon. I have used feedback but that does not help. I have checked the hardware and everything is fine. My computer is five years old and I thought it was time...
  10. slow after startup

slow after startup: My computer is very slow after startup(booting is good but after login it takes 3 minutes or more to open google chrome or any another program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-after-startup/81e68cdc-453b-44c0-a425-1f656a7ec7cd