Windows 10: Slow Startup and hanging laptop

Discus and support Slow Startup and hanging laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PULKITSHEORAN, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Slow Startup and hanging laptop

My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my hard disk, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of time to open. The welcome screen is present for a lot of time. It takes about 5-7 minutes to start! And then also it does not function properly for about 3-4 minutes. It hangs frequently and overheats. I have tried everything but have not got any results. Please recommend a solution.I have Dell Inspiron 3000 series. I have W

:)

PULKITSHEORAN, Jul 19, 2021
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow Startup and hanging laptop :cool:

SlipSlice, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 19, 2021
  4. ex_reven Win User

Slow Startup and hanging laptop

Something hanging in startup.

Vista is taking more time than Id like it to between booting and connecting to the net (automatic connection to wireless network).

I have the feeling its being caused by something (a process or whatever) thats hanging between the two and slowing things down.

Are there any good software programs to analyse startup for processes that are causing problems?

ex_reven, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Slow Startup and hanging laptop

1. Slow Startup and hanging laptop - Similar Threads - Slow Startup hanging

2. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  3. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  4. Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in: Hi everyone, I recently bought myself a Dell G15 gaming laptop. Everything works well... however I noticed that it hangs on startup if it's not plugged in. It will load my windows and files, and after a minute or so, I won't be able to move the cursor and the laptop crashes....
  5. Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hangs on startup if not plugged in: Hi everyone, I recently bought myself a Dell G15 gaming laptop. Everything works well... however I noticed that it hangs on startup if it's not plugged in. It will load my windows and files, and after a minute or so, I won't be able to move the cursor and the laptop crashes....
  6. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  7. Laptop hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop hangs on startup: After loading software for a graphics tablet my old Win 10 laptop it now hangs when starting. I removed the software in safe mode but the problem still exists. None of the recovery procedures have worked therefore I think it would be best to 'refresh' the Windows software. My...
  8. Windows hanging on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hanging on startup: The last few weeks i have been having many issues with windows. Task manager not responding. Task manager taking forever and a day to end task. Windows hanging on the loading screen when booting up. Sometimes it will hang there until i reset the computer manually. Other...
  9. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  10. Taskbar hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hangs on startup: Hello, I'm having this really annoying problem. My taskbar totally hangs after booting my PC, I can't click the start button or the multi-desktop or notifications, the clock is stuck too, not updating. When I put the cursor on the taskbar, the loading blue disk appears and...