Windows 10: Slow Startup and running of apps

Discus and support Slow Startup and running of apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FYI, my laptop is Asus, cpu is intel core i7-6500u. I recently installed the KB4540673 update yesterday. My laptop was working fine for around 1 day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shaw Kee., Mar 13, 2020.

1. Shaw Kee. Win User

Slow Startup and running of apps

FYI, my laptop is Asus, cpu is intel core i7-6500u.

I recently installed the KB4540673 update yesterday. My laptop was working fine for around 1 day but today, apps started crashing and it takes forever to open one.

So, I thought it is because of the update because it is the only thing that was different for my pc, I did not install or modify anything else.

However, after I uninstalled the update, things are still as bad and maybe even worse. For a start, everything still loads slowly. I restarted the pc again and I got an error message telling me they will find the error and restart the pc for me again.

After the restart, everything is stull terribly slow. What do I do in this situation? troubleshoot? It suddenly became super slow for no apparent reason after 1 day of working fine.

:)

Shaw Kee., Mar 13, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow Startup and running of apps :cool:

SlipSlice, Mar 13, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow Startup and running of apps - Similar Threads - Slow Startup running

2. There is a app called "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a app called "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  3. There is a app called "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a app called "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  4. There is a app call "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a app call "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  5. There is a app call "Program" running on startup

There is a app call "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  6. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed: I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help or point me in the right direction. I noticed a couple of months ago that my list of startup apps has gone completely blank, and around the same time, I also noticed that my computer takes a very long time to become usable...
  7. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed: I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help or point me in the right direction. I noticed a couple of months ago that my list of startup apps has gone completely blank, and around the same time, I also noticed that my computer takes a very long time to become usable...
  8. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

9. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build, and I will list all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  10. windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow: hello my gaming pc is being realy slow on startup and loud it started when i assembled it and booted i noticed it was super loud this was coused by my cpu fan and when i booted it was realy slow altho i had only 4 gb ddr 4 ram in it so i thought that was the case but now i...