Windows 10: Slow startup and slow shutdown

Discus and support Slow startup and slow shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drustux, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Slow startup and slow shutdown

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same.
    I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine.
    I disabled all junk services and the startup services that I don't use.
    My Windows 10 version is 19041.508 and the laptop specs are i5 8250u, Nvidia mx150 and 8GB of RAM.

submitted by /u/Drustux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drustux, Sep 25, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow startup and slow shutdown :cool:

SlipSlice, Sep 25, 2020
  3. catstone Win User
    Slow Startup

could ip config possibly slow down startup?
    i use route too, but seems that fixed or assigned ip makes no difference

catstone, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Slow startup and slow shutdown

laptop restart and shutdown slow process

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I understand from the description that the laptop takes time to shut down and also during startup. Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Task Manager to open

Step 3:

Under Task Manager Windows select the Startup tab

Step 4:

Under Startup tab select the unwanted apps which might be simply slowing the shutdown and startup process

Step 5:

Right-click and Disable

Step 6:

Restart Laptop

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Slow startup and slow shutdown

1. Slow startup and slow shutdown - Similar Threads - Slow startup slow

2. no audiu after a while and slow startup and shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audiu after a while and slow startup and shutdown: wost of the time i use my laptop the start up take about a min and shutdown about the same time, some of the time my screen is extremely dark after startup and about 1 min after i start to use audio it muted and also the mic is unusable. some times the laptop start up normaly...
  3. no audiu after a while and slow startup and shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audiu after a while and slow startup and shutdown: wost of the time i use my laptop the start up take about a min and shutdown about the same time, some of the time my screen is extremely dark after startup and about 1 min after i start to use audio it muted and also the mic is unusable. some times the laptop start up normaly...
  4. no audiu after a while and slow startup and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown: Hello everyone my laptop was fine but today when i shut it down there were two or three apps which were preventing to shutdown. Two closed so quickly that i couldnt even see the name while one was realtek audio service which also closed quickly. Any fix for this because this...
  6. slow shutdown

slow shutdown: just happened today it took me 10 mins to shutdown idk what I did Im just playing games when i had enough i closed my pc it took me 10 mins to shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-shutdown/0c4677be-7179-41d0-9584-4457d8c88f95
  7. System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup: [ATTACH] I have newly installed a system. Since I installed the system. The restart time keeps around 15 mins. The shutdown time is around 10s, as is the startup. This PC uses an SSD as system drive, and have 8G DDR4 RAM. I installed the upgrades. disabled the fast...
  8. very slow startup and slow shutdown

very slow startup and slow shutdown: I'm on a PC with a hard drive (no SSD) and 64-bit Win 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.1198.Up until a couple of weeks ago, it took about a minute to start up and shut down quickly, too; despite having MANY apps and programs. The last two weeks, I have very slow startup and...
  9. Slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow shutdown: I've recently upgraded to the 2004 build and since doing so everthing is fine except when i shutdown, before i didnt even have time to reach out to turn the monitor off , now it seems to take quite a while, I've done a Google search for the problem, and tried what was...
  10. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...