Windows 10: Slow startup or restart

Discus and support Slow startup or restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i have noticed that my startup time and shut down time has increased even though windows is up to date and I have no other problems with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AhsanArshad, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Slow startup or restart

Hello,
    i have noticed that my startup time and shut down time has increased even though windows is up to date and I have no other problems with windows or my hardware. And i have not messed with any of windows settings or any thing else. And yes all my drivers are up to date and this problem occured before i updated windows or my drivers I personally don't think this is caused by old drivers or latest version of drivers.

Windows specifications:
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎12/‎2/‎2020
    OS build 19042.746

Device specifications:
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
    Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.89 GB usable
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch Touch support with 20 touch points
    I know it is a old laptop but it was booting up fast about a week ago 1-2 mins max. But now it take alot of time4-5 mins minimum. I have been searching the internet for a week i didn't find anything about this.
    Please do help me with this I am really having a big problem because of this as for example I have something urgent to do and it takes forever to load. Please help me!!!

:)

AhsanArshad, Jan 18, 2021
  2. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Jan 18, 2021
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Slow startup or restart :cool:

SlipSlice, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Slow startup or restart

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Slow startup or restart

1. Slow startup or restart - Similar Threads - Slow startup restart

2. System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup: [ATTACH] I have newly installed a system. Since I installed the system. The restart time keeps around 15 mins. The shutdown time is around 10s, as is the startup. This PC uses an SSD as system drive, and have 8G DDR4 RAM. I installed the upgrades. disabled the fast...
  3. Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restart Slow but Startup quick: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on a HP 17 Notebook model CA1600NG. It has a SSD. It boots up in under 15 seconds, using fast startup, but everytime I restart using the restart button it takes more than 1 minute for it to completely restart. I have no application launching...
  4. Slow Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup: I have a dell inspiron 3593. It's been a month since I am having it, at first it was working dine but now it is having problems such as blue screen while restarting and the biggest of all it takes too much time in startup. I have tried everything such as using best...
  5. Slow restart / startup

Slow restart / startup: My laptop was boot slowly 1 minutes and 35 s in shutdown and 1 m : 45 s in restart , start counting from hp logo , most of the time in the hp logo loading it takes about 50 seconds followd by black screen for 20 seconds , so i turned on fast startup and now it take 30...
  6. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup: Suddenly on startup my installed apps are downloading one at a time and are slow. Also if I try to download a new app it takes a long time.Once all the apps are open all is normal .any help please...
  7. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow startup: When I power my PC up it takes a long time before I can do anything without having to wait. I have checked and my 'C' drive is 100% busy for several minutes. What can I do to alleviate having by disk thrashed (and thereby get to being productive without having to wait while I...
  8. Slow startup

Slow startup: Hi there, my laptop since upgrade from W7 to W10 has slow startup. I click turn on button, after first loading, everything go sleep (maybe) and have to wait nearly 1 minutes then Windows starts normally. Any suggestions? Thank you 1Lui_Qc5guc 75059
  9. Slow startup

Slow startup: Good day to all. I have a Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop. It's running well on windows 10. The only thing is very slow on startup timed it this morning on a restart it took two min 35 seconds. I have looked on this forum and did find good info tried most of it but no joy. On...
  10. Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only

Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only: Hi there, After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, when i shut down and boot my laptop windows startup pretty fast 8 sec and The login screen appears. However when i restart windows the bot went well it start to be slow in the loading screen with windows logo 10...