Windows 10: Slow system

Discus and support Slow system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my system is really slow/ There was a time when I would wipe the partition a d rebuild. How do I speed up my sytem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlicefOSTER2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Slow system

my system is really slow/ There was a time when I would wipe the partition a d rebuild. How do I speed up my sytem?

:)

AlicefOSTER2, Jan 16, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Slow system

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Slow system

1. Slow system - Similar Threads - Slow system

2. System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893: Here is my specs for reference:Windows 11 Home, Dell Inspirion 15 with the Intel core i3 1215U and 16gb of ddr4 ram. Before this update I was running fine. In task manager my memory usage was always around 50%. Discord, Spotify, browser librewolf, Steam, and then sometimes...
  3. System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System slow after Cumulative Update KB5036893: Here is my specs for reference:Windows 11 Home, Dell Inspirion 15 with the Intel core i3 1215U and 16gb of ddr4 ram. Before this update I was running fine. In task manager my memory usage was always around 50%. Discord, Spotify, browser librewolf, Steam, and then sometimes...
  4. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  5. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  6. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  7. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...: Windows 10 Fixing Microsoft's Problems Please don't respond by giving me a solution to speed up Windows been there done that Really trying to find another OS to replace Windows...
  8. Fed up with Windows slowing my PC down can anyone please recommend any other OS system that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Slow copy of documents from file server mapped in system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow copy of documents from file server mapped in system: Hi, I have mapped a file server location in my system. We are trying to copy some files from the file server to our local system. However, we are finding that the copy speed is very slow. The network speed is good because any other download from the browser gets done without...
  10. Slow Win 10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Win 10 system: Hi. I do need help with slow laptop. Aspire intel with 4GB DDR memory Windows 10. Performed clean processes, scans, directory cleaners etc .... no improvement. I notice, using task manager, that lots of processes are duplicated see included screenshot of some. Also why are...