Windows 10: Slow text entry at the curser

Discus and support Slow text entry at the curser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I type at the cursor, frequently the text does not appear while I am typing. After a few seconds it begins to appear one character at a time. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JAG01, Jun 11, 2019.

1. JAG01 Win User

Slow text entry at the curser

When I type at the cursor, frequently the text does not appear while I am typing. After a few seconds it begins to appear one character at a time. Is this a sign that my SSD might be failing?

:)

JAG01, Jun 11, 2019

2. E61 text entry/editing

Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shorcut for moving to the begininning or end of a line of text, or for stepping a word at a time rather than one character?

The manual mentions that it's table lists "some of the available shortcuts", is there an exhaustive list available?

Anna

annalangley, Jun 11, 2019
  3. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Slow text entry at the curser

text entry problem

Having problems with text entry. Curser can suddenly revert to start of line and subsequent text will be entered in reverse.

I run the classic shell in Windows 10 home on a Acer Aspire E-15.

i7 CPU A 2.6 GHz, 8 GB RAM 64 bit OS, x64 processor

Browser used is Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0

Software security, Antimalware Home Premium.

Using a USB mouse. There were two usb mouse drivers installed and I disabled one. Checked the HID driver and it tells me it is the latest.

Example;

?won sdrawkcab og su tel eht gnisuac eb yam kniht uoy od tahW .tib a rof erevresrep lliw I tub dI know that it isn't fixe

HansEnklaar, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Slow text entry at the curser

1. Slow text entry at the curser - Similar Threads - Slow text entry

2. Curser flickering,touchpad not working,selecting texts automatically sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Curser flickering,touchpad not working,selecting texts automatically sometimes.: My touch pad, ever since a windows 11 update, has been acting weird, I use a mouse usually but sometimes the cursor just started shaking, the only way to stop it is by closing the laptop. It is happening many times betweenmy work. I use my touch pad sometimes so I can't fully...
  3. Curser flickering,touchpad not working,selecting texts automatically sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Curser flickering,touchpad not working,selecting texts automatically sometimes.: My touch pad, ever since a windows 11 update, has been acting weird, I use a mouse usually but sometimes the cursor just started shaking, the only way to stop it is by closing the laptop. It is happening many times betweenmy work. I use my touch pad sometimes so I can't fully...
  4. curser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    curser: curser jumps erractically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/curser/af8c1322-d81a-4eeb-af52-32fe4594585d
  5. Curser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Curser: Hello So when I initiate a new email message my curser is the normal size when I type in the email address and the subject BUT when I move down to the body of the message where I should be typing my message the curser all of a sudden turns large which then results in large...
  6. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text: After a volunteer moderator wrote that the solution was to do a clean install, the prior discussion was closed. Doing a clean install is NOT a valid solution. It is a time waster. After several Windows updates this problem remains. It was NOT fixed....
  7. Text entry problem

Text entry problem: I have a text entry problem in that I cannot input text from my keyboard or the touchscreen keyboard. They are not unresponsive. If I just push random keys, things happen. There was a similar thread elsewhere, but the solutions involve running things using run or cmd prompts,...
  8. Curser

Curser: In the last update, my curse now disappears. I hate your updates... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/curser/0e8974b5-9466-44f7-94f6-5a84d6ecf73b
  9. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text: I've been playing whack-a-mole with some problem Store had installing "App Installer". I've finally gotten to the point where it seems to be installed correctly. But now I have a mutant entry in Start that reads "ms-resource:AppName/Text". There is no r-click choce that gets...
  10. Add entries for Text Suggestions?

Add entries for Text Suggestions?: Is there a way for me to add 'custom' text to the Windows Text Suggestions? For example, if I type in '65', I'd like to get a suggestion for '6530-A'. Thanks for any help or advice!...