Windows 10: Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

Discus and support Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using the 1909 version and only yesterday and today my pc takes at least a hour to check for updates, and also after rebooting my pc today I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephanie19884, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

I'm using the 1909 version and only yesterday and today my pc takes at least a hour to check for updates, and also after rebooting my pc today I got a "please wait" blue screen before loading my login page. I ran troubleshooter for Windows Update and it's showing no errors and ran a scf scan and showing no errors on that, and all my health checks on the pc are clean. The blue "please wait" screen is only showing for a couple seconds, I was just wondering if this is normal or some problem with 1909?

:)

Stephanie19884, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 - Checking for Updates too slow

Hi,

Checking for Updates has different factors why it takes too long:

• Slow internet connection.
    • Windows has corrupted and missing files.

To resolve the issue, we suggest performing the following:

• Check the speed of internet connection.
    • Run DISM/SFC
      to repair the corrupted and missing system files.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

1. Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot - Similar Threads - Slow check updates

2. Black screen after please wait screen on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after please wait screen on boot up: Hello, everyone, I am having issues with my windows booting up. As soon as I turn it on it goes to the black screen with the windows 10 blue logo and right under that, it says please wait as it boots to the screen just prior to the login. as soon as it finishes on the please...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you start your Windows 10 computer, and it gets stuck on the “Please wait,” screen then here is how you can resolve the issue. After the computer starts, many system services start even before you log-in to the computer. [...] This post Windows 10 stuck...
  4. My pc stucks on "please wait" screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc stucks on "please wait" screen: Hello. Yesterday, I try to turn on my pc but it stucks on loading screen all the time. I tried with automatic repair and choosed options for repair, restore and reset but the situation is the same. Now, I'm trying to enter in safe mode but pc stucks on "please wait" screen...
  5. Hp windows 10, please wait screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hp windows 10, please wait screen: Just had my desktop frozen and make a hard restart, after tbat a please wait screen apears, can do nothing with that, tried several advices but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-windows-10-please-wait-screen/e2fa2b94-abe0-4301-9097-a0a560b216da
  6. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN: LENOVO LAPTOP/WINDOWS 10. RAN UPDATE RESTARTED AND IT SAID I NEEDED A PIN#.TRIED TO GET PIN CODE SO I COULD CHANGE IT AND IT SAID IT WOULD SEND ME A CODE AT MY EMAIL. CAN NOT RECEIVE EMAIL IF I CAN NOT GET ON THE COMPUTER. TRIED TO X OUT AN SHUT DOWN . WILL NOT DO SO. TRIED...
  7. Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait': Hi, hadn't used my PC since May ish but began using again a couple of days ago, booted normally but maybe an hour ago i updated to the most recent version of Windows 10. Now i can't get past the 'please wait' screen, i've restarted multiple times and cannot even get to the...
  8. Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait'

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait': Hi, hadn't used my PC since May ish but began using again a couple of days ago, booted normally but maybe an hour ago i updated to the most recent version of Windows 10. Now i can't get past the 'please wait' screen, i've restarted multiple times and cannot even get to the...
  9. Windows stuck on please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...
  10. no login screen, only "Please wait"

in Windows 10 Support
    no login screen, only "Please wait": Hello, after installing Windows 10, I got this error message "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I checked around and found that this is ownership problem. So, I changed the ownership of C: to the default Administrator which, and System also, has...