Windows 10: Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

Discus and support Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using the 1909 version and only yesterday and today my pc takes at least a hour to check for updates, and also after rebooting my pc today I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephanie19884, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

I'm using the 1909 version and only yesterday and today my pc takes at least a hour to check for updates, and also after rebooting my pc today I got a "please wait" blue screen before loading my login page. I ran troubleshooter for Windows Update and it's showing no errors and ran a scf scan and showing no errors on that, and all my health checks on the pc are clean. The blue "please wait" screen is only showing for a couple seconds, I was just wondering if this is normal or some problem with 1909?

:)

Stephanie19884, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 - Checking for Updates too slow

Hi,

Checking for Updates has different factors why it takes too long:

• Slow internet connection.
    • Windows has corrupted and missing files.

To resolve the issue, we suggest performing the following:

• Check the speed of internet connection.
    • Run DISM/SFC
      to repair the corrupted and missing system files.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

1. Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot - Similar Threads - Slow check updates

2. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  3. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  4. Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours: Pc was running extremely slow so i decided to factory reset it. started last night around 10:30pm and all was going well. the '' Please Wait'' blue screen came on at around midnight which after i fell asleep. It' s 8am and it is still occuring. BIOS cant be updated (already...
  5. Windows Update stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at please wait: HelloI have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 21H1, it seems like something went wrong.First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restartAfter that, I opened settings and it is stuck at...
  6. Windows Update stuck at please wait

Windows Update stuck at please wait: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 20H2, it seems like something went wrong. First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restart After that, I opened settings and it is stuck...
  7. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  8. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  9. SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN

SCREEN LOCKED ON PLEASE WAIT AFTER UPDATE RUN: LENOVO LAPTOP/WINDOWS 10. RAN UPDATE RESTARTED AND IT SAID I NEEDED A PIN#.TRIED TO GET PIN CODE SO I COULD CHANGE IT AND IT SAID IT WOULD SEND ME A CODE AT MY EMAIL. CAN NOT RECEIVE EMAIL IF I CAN NOT GET ON THE COMPUTER. TRIED TO X OUT AN SHUT DOWN . WILL NOT DO SO. TRIED...
  10. no login screen, only "Please wait"

in Windows 10 Support
    no login screen, only "Please wait": Hello, after installing Windows 10, I got this error message "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I checked around and found that this is ownership problem. So, I changed the ownership of C: to the default Administrator which, and System also, has...