Windows 10: Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"

Discus and support Slow to connect to Network from"sleep" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop running Win 10 build 10122 and all updates. This is a triple boot system: 1. SSD with Win 7 HO 64 bit 2. SSD with Win 8.1 pro 3.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jm44jg39, May 28, 2015.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"

I have a desktop running Win 10 build 10122 and all updates.
    This is a triple boot system:
    1. SSD with Win 7 HO 64 bit
    2. SSD with Win 8.1 pro
    3. SSD with Win 10
    Intel #82579V Gigabit Network Connection adapter with driver: 3/20/15 # 12.12.50.6.
    Adapter settings under "power management are: Both "Allow computer to turn OFF this device" and "Allow this device to WAKE computer are in the UN-checked position.

The "system boot" files are on the SSD with Win 8.1 pro.

The problem is: when putting the computer to sleep, when in Win 10, using the "power" button in the Start menu the computer goes to sleep quickly. However, when moving the mouse or keyboard the computer "wakes up" fine
    but the desktop and taskbar icons are not responsive for 30 seconds or so. The "network" connection icon in the tray has a indicator that the network is not connected. After 30 seconds or so the network icon shows that it is connected and all at that point all desktop and task bar icons are work. If I click on an icon before the network is connected(30 seconds) the computer remembers what I clicked on and open that's that file or program.

This happens ONLY with Win 10. Win 7 and Win 8 wake up instantly and all icons are working. This leads me to believe that the BIOS (legacy) and Intel adapter are working ok.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

jm44jg39, May 28, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 28, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, May 28, 2015
  4. Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"

Even without sleep in the equation, the network connections display isn't very fast. I think it has to do with the Location platform checks.
    If I have that turned on, the network connections are blank until the circle icon shows up, then all of the available SSIDs appear, but .... it might blink if I actually try to connect to my SSD. After it 'settles' down, everything is well.

I don't recall this behavior in releases before 10.0.122 ... maybe in 10.0.074, but definitely in 122.

Feed MS your experience, I'm certain this will be fixed - MS is relying on connections a LOT.

Slartybart, May 28, 2015
Thema:

Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"

1. Slow to connect to Network from"sleep" - Similar Threads - Slow connect Network

2. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dawdling speed and network connection is so slow: I'm having issue with my desktop. I'm using it earlier and it works really slow afterwards. I restarting and it trutrns with speed but I cannot connect with my internet now....
  3. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dawdling speed and network connection is so slow: I'm having issue with my desktop. I'm using it earlier and it works really slow afterwards. I restarting and it trutrns with speed but I cannot connect with my internet now....
  4. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System is slow when I connect network drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System is slow when I connect network drives: I realized that my system is running slower when I have network connections set up in my computer. (Actually it doesn't matter if they are within reach or not) E.g. I download anything from a browser, all freezes for a couple of seconds. This is really annoying but on the...
  6. Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?

Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?: I recently bought a new server. It has a Gigabit speed network card. I also have a laptop with a 10/100 card in it. When using remote desktop to transfer files to the server, the speed is only 2-3 MB. I have checked both cards setup, and they are the only two devices on the...
  7. Network slows down dramatically shortly after connecting

Network slows down dramatically shortly after connecting: I've decided to reimage my Dell XPS 9360 and started to experience serious networking problems right after the fresh Windows install. The previous OS installation became unstable but I had no network speed problems at all. The device is equipped with Realtek USB GBE...
  8. Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections

Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections: I recently bought a Asus laptop G751JT, second hand from a friend and it works perfectly in every respect. The wifi in the beginning too worked absolutely perfectly but then all of a sudden it stopped. So the problem is that the wifi adapter is the Intel AC 7260, and it seems...
  9. Slow app launch when connected to home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow app launch when connected to home network: So I've discovered an interesting problem that I'm having with my computer. When I am at home, connected to my wireless network, it takes windows a very long time to launch apps. Everything from PDF reader to Excel/Word take at least 30 seconds to launch. If I turn off my...
  10. Windows is slow to connect to my wireless network

Windows is slow to connect to my wireless network: It takes windows about 1-2 minutes to connect to my wireless network... If i click on the diagnosis tool it says that there was a problem with the wireless adapter or access point. It sometimes corrects it and I then get connected to the internet. It's basically like that...