Windows 10: Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

Discus and support Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cytherian, Sep 20, 2016.

1. cytherian Win User

Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This lag would not be present in Chrome, Opera, and others... so that's what would make it noticeable. When you type fast, it is most noticeable, but not so bad as to obstruct typing or create errors.

However, now in Windows 10, the lag has increased. Painfully so. I find that with my typing rate, the keyboard input cannot "keep up" and I lose letters! I'd have to go back and correct works due to missing letters. I've resorted to keeping Textpad open and typing all my text there, then copy/paste into the browser fields. The different is very noticeable.

I've searched around and found a few scattered tips about dealing with this, but nothing seems to help. I have to believe there's a setting SOMEWHERE that is responsible. Or... is this a byproduct of Microsoft key logging?

:)

cytherian, Sep 20, 2016

2. Microsof Edge and Windows 10

No response from anybody?

I still can't get into Microsoft Edge. Have found a way to access the Internet through Internet Explorer but it's slow and cumbersome in Windows10.

William Hupe, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer is slow after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Randy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Do you face this issue on Microsoft Edge?
    • Do you face the issue on InPrivate mode of Internet Explorer?
    • Does the Internet Explorer move slow when accessing particular website?

To use Edge browser, type Edge in the search
    box and hit Enter.

Provide us more information about the issue to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Sep 20, 2016
  4. cytherian Win User

NOTE: I had this problem on build 10240, and still having it on 10568.589. And it's NOT a problem in other Microsoft products like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc. Chrome, Opera, and Safari do not exhibit this typing delay/response problem. It's only IE and Edge that show it.

cytherian, Sep 22, 2016
  5. cytherian Win User
    I'm still struggling with this. I try to avoid using IE and I've eliminated all shortcuts to Edge (even though Microsoft INSISTS on putting it back randomly after updates... insidious). It's just appalling to me, to find myself dealing with typing lag in IE, when I do not experience it in any other browsers (Chrome, Opera, Torch...).

cytherian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge - Similar Threads - Slow typing response

2. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response: Halo,I was typing in Excel, then moved to Word. Only part of a word of what I typed in Excel was entered into Excel. The rest was entered into Word!This may have something to do with the system tracking where the mouse is. I have tried an old USB mouse and one connected by...
  3. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response: Halo,I was typing in Excel, then moved to Word. Only part of a word of what I typed in Excel was entered into Excel. The rest was entered into Word!This may have something to do with the system tracking where the mouse is. I have tried an old USB mouse and one connected by...
  4. Erratic Typing, Misplaced Words, Slow Response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive: I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files. A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer. B. File explorer crashes often or is...
  6. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  7. Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs

Slow response of windows explorer to keyboard inputs: I have a folder containing about 100 pdf files which i am reviewing. Before opening the file, to keep track of progress I am renaming the file. In the first instance selection of the file and the second click to rename must be undertaken carefully as the selection and...
  8. Internet Explorer is slow

Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148369
  9. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  10. Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response: Recently when I am typing in browser, Word, e-mail or any APP, the letters are delayed as I type. The mouse also is very slow to respond. I am on a 2 year old Lenova Aspire , Intel i7 6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 with 8 GB Ram. I reset my PC with reinstall of Windows 10 but...