Windows 10: slow upload speed

Discus and support slow upload speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 4meBruce, Jun 30, 2020.

1. 4meBruce Win User

slow upload speed

Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings

or anything else.

:)

4meBruce, Jun 30, 2020

2. Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 30, 2020
  4. slow upload speed

ReubenFaleiro, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

slow upload speed

1. slow upload speed - Similar Threads - slow upload speed

2. Very slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow upload speed: Hi, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 6 days. It is extremely weird and at this point I'm about to give up. Randomly my internet started having issues so I checked the ookla speedtest, which said my download speed is great about 40Mbps, but my upload speed...
  3. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  4. Weird devices, high upload usage, slow internet speeds

Weird devices, high upload usage, slow internet speeds: Version: 1909 So for the past few weeks I've had a bunch of weird problems. 1. My data upload usage went through the roof (16 gigs!) on a day I am certain no device on the network was conceivably uploading anything 2. My internet speeds on this PC in particular are often...
  5. Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+

Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+: I have a new router and motem and a internet plan that is supposed to give me 100mbps but I am only getting 1-10 (download), average of 3. Some days I get stable internet speed that is what was advertised with everyone in the house using it. How ever some days in day and...
  6. Slow upload speed

Slow upload speed: I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician visited and traced...
  7. Upload Speed slow in browser

Upload Speed slow in browser: Hey guys, I'm experiencing slow upload on the browser which is quite annoying since i upload loads of stuff. I have a 400/20 connection and My download is normal. So 400-420. But i get 2 upload on browser with speedtest.net. Weird thing is that i get 20 upload on the...
  8. Upload speed is greater than Download speed

Upload speed is greater than Download speed: Hey guys, If upload speed is greater than Download speed is it okay or I should contact network provider to fix parameters ? [ATTACH] Regards. 120739
  9. Are your upload speeds to OneDrive slow?

Are your upload speeds to OneDrive slow?: I've had various internet speeds over the course of using OneDrive to store my files. I had upload speeds of 35Mb/s, 42Mb/s, and now with FIOS about 880Mb/s. In every case my upload speed to the OneDrive server was a fraction of my actual upload speed. Now on FIOS I'm...
  10. Unstable download/upload speed

in Windows 10 Support
    Unstable download/upload speed: Hi Im a livestreamer on Youtube my current speeds are 11,5mb down and 5,5up, im the only one connected to the internet and I always drop a lot of frames (only during the day) when its night like +2am it drops 0 frames and its very stable . heres a picture of a 5,000 bitrate...