Windows 10: slow upload speed

Discus and support slow upload speed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a mlV, Apr 5, 2023.

1. a mlV Win User

slow upload speed

Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode.

:)

a mlV, Apr 5, 2023

2. Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 5, 2023
  4. ColdPixel Win User

slow upload speed

Slow Internet Upload Speed over Ethernet on One Computer Only

I have Bell Fibe internet that provides 1,000Mbit download and 750Mbit upload. I have a Desktop and a Laptop.

The wired connection is Modem/Router -> Cat6 Cable -> Switch -> Cat5e Cable -> Wall Jack -> Cat5e Cable -> Computer.

Connected to my Laptop, I get full speeds. About 950mBit down and 800 Mbit up.

Connected to my Desktop, I get full download and slow upload. About 950 Mbit down and 132mBit up. My desktop has 2 network interface cards. One integrated with the motherboard and a separate PCIE one. Both cards return the exact same speeds. This suggests to me the that the issue is not related to the network cards or their drivers, etc. I think it must be some Windows setting that is common to both network cards.

In Summary:

Laptop -> 950mBit down, 800 Mbit up

Desktop -> Motherboard NIC :: 950mBit down, 132 Mbit up

-> PCIE NIC:: 950mBit down, 132 Mbit up

Thoughts:

• Not the internet connection/modem/switch/cables. Laptop gets full up/down speed over the same wired connection.
    • Not the network cards / drivers. Two different cards, both get the same upload speed.
    • Something specific to upload speeds. Download is full speed.

ColdPixel, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

slow upload speed

1. slow upload speed - Similar Threads - slow upload speed

2. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  3. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  4. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  6. slow upload speed

slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  7. apeeed slow upload speed

apeeed slow upload speed: but windows 7 install upload speed ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apeeed-slow-upload-speed/bbec950c-b478-4188-a8d0-dee7b1f77f26
  8. apeeed slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apeeed slow upload speed: but windows 7 install upload speed ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apeeed-slow-upload-speed/bbec950c-b478-4188-a8d0-dee7b1f77f26
  9. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow upload speed: Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/9d1163f2-f95f-4cb1-85f5-5387127f331a
  10. Slow upload speed

Slow upload speed: I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician visited and traced...