Windows 10: Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10

Discus and support Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, in Windows 10, USB 3.0 ports doesn't work at full speed. I will show you two examples. Write speed in Windows 10 [47MB/s] [img] Write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by isimsizkullan, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10

Hi, in Windows 10, USB 3.0 ports doesn't work at full speed. I will show you two examples.

Write speed in Windows 10 [47MB/s]

Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10 [​IMG]

Write speed in random live Linux distro [114MB/s]

It is the same USB 3.0 port and same removable HDD, the issue shows up all USB 3.0 devices like flash drives or removable HDDs.

Here is my hardware:

What should i do?

:)

isimsizkullan, Sep 8, 2016
  2. Anttutt Win User

I have an external Seagate 5TB usb 3.0 hdd. When I first got my laptop the usb 3.0 worked beautifully and had very fast transfer speeds.

<Original title: USB Transfers Slow>

I have an external Seagate 5TB usb 3.0 hdd. When I first got my laptop the usb 3.0 worked beautifully and had very fast transfer speeds. That was on Windows 7. I upgraded to 10 and lost my 3.0 usb port all together. My 2.0 ports worked fine. Windows just
    updated and now my 3.0 port works but now my transfer speeds are very slow at 8mb/s on all ports. I only seem to have problems when I update Windows. Is there other settings I can change? I've tried changing the quick removal setting in device manager to better
    performance, with no changes noticed.

Anttutt, Sep 8, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    D: drive disappeared in 12/12/2017 update; still works in Linux

Hi,

You might investigate installing newer ChipSet (INF) driver from either Intel or the machines manufacturer...

I have had issues with newer builds in which my SATA and USB 3.0 drives work, but are sluggish... The USB 3.0 drives run at a slow USB 2.0 speed... The latest SetupChipset (INF) 10.1.1.42_1-17_From Intel solved the problem...

The M\B manufacturer had a new one for Win 10 as well, but Intel's was newer...

They both work..

slance310, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Tom886 Win User

Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10

What helped me, delete the USB 3 ports in the device manager and let them detect new.
    For some reasons, Windows 10 used still the previous installed Intel USB 3 drivers from Windows 7 and the chipset driver from Intel v.9.4.
    After new detection of the USB 3 ports, my speed went up again

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply.

I remove device but drivers are still inside, so it install the same driver again. How can i get rid of these drivers?

Driver date: 29.10.2015

is there a newer version?

isimsizkullan, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Tom886 Win User
    No, no newer driver, but check the drivers for the USB2, I think they are also from Intel. Delete these also and let the Microsoft driver handle the USB Port.
    When you delete them, tick the option to delete also the driver from Intel, they are old and should not be used again.
    After that scan for new hardware.

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 9, 2016
  7. isimsizkullan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10

1. Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slow USB speed

2. Slow USB transfer speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow USB transfer speed: My USB transfer speed has been very slow recently, I'm talking speeds of 1.3Mb/s all the way down to KB/s!! And it's always treading in KB/s which is really not normal cause I have USB 3.1 and I don't know what to do anymore...I have tried everything from updating to my...
  3. Slow USB transfer speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow USB transfer speed: My USB transfer speed has been very slow recently, I'm talking speeds of 1.3Mb/s all the way down to KB/s!! And it's always treading in KB/s which is really not normal cause I have USB 3.1 and I don't know what to do anymore...I have tried everything from updating to my...
  4. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10: I had the same slow speed problem as discussed in other threads. My problem was exactly to same. Slow speed 355 kb and then down to 0. I did a full format on the drive it took about 4 days but now the drive works properly. I was able to use a different USB drive which worked...
  5. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10: I had the same slow speed problem as discussed in other threads. My problem was exactly to same. Slow speed 355 kb and then down to 0. I did a full format on the drive it took about 4 days but now the drive works properly. I was able to use a different USB drive which worked...
  6. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

7. Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10

Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ALC6 laptop but right now I'm facing a issue with Windows 10.When I try to transfer files to my external drive which is a WD Elements 2TB using the USB 3.0 port, i only get about 87MB/s to 104MB/s at maximum speed transfer. It turns out I have...
  8. Slow USB 3.0 speed

Slow USB 3.0 speed: Hello I have via vl805-q6 4 port USB PCIe Host card And getting low speed and sometimes working as USB 2.0 It always promt that you have connected a usb 3.0 flash drive to usb 2.0 port and telling me to connect to usb 3.0 port I have connected to usb 3.0 but getting...
  9. My usb speeds are slow

My usb speeds are slow: I want to update my drivers, I think that's the solution but I cant find the suitable drivers. My laptop is Lenovo 310-15ikb laptop (ideapad). What should I try?...
  10. USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board

USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board: So i had to get intel chipset drivers for my board from intel my board is a msi z77a-g45 all drivers show working and functioning here is a picture of the drivers installed, i can't figure out why all my usb 3 devices are not running at usb 3 speed they are running at usb 2.0...