Windows 10: Slow USB 3.0 speeds on windows 10 pro

Discus and support Slow USB 3.0 speeds on windows 10 pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, already did some search before posting this, did all that was suggested in Rajeshwari_Patil reply for the post regarding the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mars_arch, Sep 7, 2018.

1. mars_arch Win User

Slow USB 3.0 speeds on windows 10 pro

Hi everyone,

already did some search before posting this, did all that was suggested in Rajeshwari_Patil reply for the post regarding the same problem, but slow usb speeds, about less than 10MB/s, continue to plague me. Here's the specs of my computer.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 2700

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H-CF (bios updated to latest version)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

HDD: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0

and Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

I connect the usb 3.0 compatible drive on the usb 3.0 port on the motherboard, instead of usb port on the computer case. I tried all the usb 3.0 ports on the motherboard, same problem. Transferring files from the SSD or the HDD to usb has no effect on speed. Any ideas?

Thanks for any future help. : )

:)

mars_arch, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Tesla3D Win User

Copy speed very slow in windows 10

Using NAS Network mirror drive SATA to NEW USB3 thumb drive.

If downloading from the 120 MB Internet to the NAS, speed is constant.

PC SATA to NAS, speed is high.

The USB 3 starts out high, then drops off.

You might look at:

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-fix-the-slow-data-transfer-issue-and-speed-up-your-usb-flash-drive/

Windows 10 may have added this API (see step 3 here)

https://www.windowspasswordsrecover...-fix-windows-10-slow-file-deteting-speed.html

Tesla3D, Sep 7, 2018
  3. USB 3.0 slow transfer speed Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Hi Prajwal,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with USB 3.0 slow transfer speed on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide us with the following information.

• Did you make any specific changes prior to this issue?

• Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message along with the error code?
    There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred, if the Universal Serial Bus drivers are not up to date on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Try to reboot the system and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Review Windows Update. The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional"
    section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 4

Method 4:

Install the latest Chipset Driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website, download, uninstall and reinstall the latest chipset drivers in the Device Manager.

Note: Avoid connecting too many devices to a USB hub. Many users don't know that a USB hub divides the total bandwidth among the devices connected to it. If you
    have multiple USB ports on your computer, connect the devices to them instead of connecting all the peripherals to a single multi-port hub.

Get a high speed USB cable of at least 480 megabits per second (60 megabytes per second). The shorter the data cord the better. Use a cable that is less than 7 feet long. Longer cords will interfere with the data transfer
    speed due to the longer distance.

For reference:

Also I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

USB 3.0 extremely slow transfer rates on Windows 8.1

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Kats2512 Win User

Slow SATA Speed On Windows 10

I finally found a solution on this forum, I followed this guys steps below and now getting full drive speed.

Solved Slow Data copy/paste SPEEDS in WINDOWS 10 - Windows 10 Forums

really the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered on a pc that took me over 2 weeks to find. Just upgraded back to windows 10 and followed the link, getting about 200MBPS from my sata 6 to my usb 3 drive Slow USB 3.0 speeds on windows 10 pro :)

Kats2512, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow USB 3.0 speeds on windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Slow USB speeds

2. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10: I had the same slow speed problem as discussed in other threads. My problem was exactly to same. Slow speed 355 kb and then down to 0. I did a full format on the drive it took about 4 days but now the drive works properly. I was able to use a different USB drive which worked...
  3. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10: I had the same slow speed problem as discussed in other threads. My problem was exactly to same. Slow speed 355 kb and then down to 0. I did a full format on the drive it took about 4 days but now the drive works properly. I was able to use a different USB drive which worked...
  4. Slow transfer speeds to USB on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ALC6 laptop but right now I'm facing a issue with Windows 10.When I try to transfer files to my external drive which is a WD Elements 2TB using the USB 3.0 port, i only get about 87MB/s to 104MB/s at maximum speed transfer. It turns out I have...
  6. Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow speed transfer USB 3.0 on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ALC6 laptop but right now I'm facing a issue with Windows 10.When I try to transfer files to my external drive which is a WD Elements 2TB using the USB 3.0 port, i only get about 87MB/s to 104MB/s at maximum speed transfer. It turns out I have...
  7. Slow USB 3.0 speed

Slow USB 3.0 speed: Hello I have via vl805-q6 4 port USB PCIe Host card And getting low speed and sometimes working as USB 2.0 It always promt that you have connected a usb 3.0 flash drive to usb 2.0 port and telling me to connect to usb 3.0 port I have connected to usb 3.0 but getting...
  8. My usb speeds are slow

My usb speeds are slow: I want to update my drivers, I think that's the solution but I cant find the suitable drivers. My laptop is Lenovo 310-15ikb laptop (ideapad). What should I try?...
  9. Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10

Slow USB 3.0 speed at Windows 10: Hi, in Windows 10, USB 3.0 ports doesn't work at full speed. I will show you two examples. Write speed in Windows 10 [47MB/s] [img] Write speed in random live Linux distro [114MB/s] [img] It is the same USB 3.0 port and same removable HDD, the issue shows up...
  10. USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board

USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board: So i had to get intel chipset drivers for my board from intel my board is a msi z77a-g45 all drivers show working and functioning here is a picture of the drivers installed, i can't figure out why all my usb 3 devices are not running at usb 3 speed they are running at usb 2.0...