Windows 10: slow video playback media

Discus and support slow video playback media in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; fix slow video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-video-playback-media/f072d78b-0e42-487f-8545-8140d6ad1d0e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardMiddlebrook, May 12, 2019.

1. slow video playback media

fix slow video playback

:)

EdwardMiddlebrook, May 12, 2019

2. Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Video playback problems

Hi Davis,

Based on the information that you have provided, this could be related to incorrect configuration or corrupted device drivers. We recommend that you run the Video Playback troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

Method: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, May 12, 2019
  4. slow video playback media

video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 12, 2019
Thema:

slow video playback media

1. slow video playback media - Similar Threads - slow video playback

2. DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow: When I try to play video that's DRM-protected, one of my 3 monitors goes dark, the refresh rate drops to <5fps, and my mouse becomes near-impossibly slow to control. This happens with the Crunchyroll web player on Firefox/Edge and when I play podcasts on the Spotify desktop...
  3. DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow: When I try to play video that's DRM-protected, one of my 3 monitors goes dark, the refresh rate drops to <5fps, and my mouse becomes near-impossibly slow to control. This happens with the Crunchyroll web player on Firefox/Edge and when I play podcasts on the Spotify desktop...
  4. Video Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback: Why can I not watch any videos on my Windows 10 laptop. This includes YouTube and any video. The sound is perfect. There are lots of solutions on line but none work for me. Any help please?...
  5. video playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video playback: Using Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series and after a recent Window 10 update, all video playback and cursor movement are both choppy or stuttering. Audio is okay. I have updated all drivers but without any results. Thanks....
  6. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Just realized that videos that I can play back on Windows media player on my Vista laptop will not play back on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/93491059-7e45-440e-9434-5c9a30382d85
  7. Slow motion video / audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow motion video / audio playback: A Level 2 Technician just finished installing Version 1809 in to my Dell 5755 laptop, trying to resolve my slow motion video / audio playback. BUT 99.9999% of the time I have no audio at all. This has been ongoing since waaay before the upgrade to the 1809 version. In...
  8. Video Playback

Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  9. Video playback

Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  10. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...