Windows 10: Slow wake up

Discus and support Slow wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tanay Kewalramani, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Slow wake up

I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor.

there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but the actual time taken to start the screen is about 5 seconds as compared to my father's laptop, which takes a split second to do so. he has a core i5 8th gen under the hood.

is it due to the outdated processor, or the old laptop model, or maybe because of less ram, to be specific 4 gigs of it?

thank you.

tanay kewalramani

:)

Tanay Kewalramani, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Damodoode Win User

Lumia 950 Screen Slow to Wake

Yep Me too

• .189 update on Sunday night
    • 4 pm Monday Slow to wake up
    • Reboot - Fixed the problem
    • 4pm Tuesday - Slow to wake up and brightness dimmed down
    • Reboot - Fixed the problem
    Any one seeing a Pattern here...........

I've tried turning off all background apps. I'm running only essential apps hasn't Helped.

Damodoode, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Slow wake up

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Slow wake up

1. Slow wake up - Similar Threads - Slow wake

2. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  3. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  4. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  5. Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?

Slow to wake from sleep AND all open apps now closed?: Issue is on a 1 year old ThinkPad with W11 and it take 4 to 5 minutes to wake from sleep, and when I'm able to log back in all of my previously open apps are gone, i.e. closed. For example, when reopening a previously opened app, I get the document recovery option.I've...
  6. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  7. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  8. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep: Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen...
  10. Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep

Laptop slow to wake up/screen remains black for too long after sleep: Recently my laptop experienced BSOD, but it restarts and then resumes its functions pretty normally. The issue is that if I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, the screen seems to take a while before lighting up. Normally, once I wake it up by opening the lid, the screen...