Windows 10: Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Intel 9560 Wi-Fi on my ASUS Z390 motherboard and when I do a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 I get very slow Wi-Fi speed at around 1mbps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keith Weisshar, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

I have Intel 9560 Wi-Fi on my ASUS Z390 motherboard and when I do a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 I get very slow Wi-Fi speed at around 1mbps on speedtest.net. I have Xfinity Gigabit Plan with Arris TG3842G modem. Everything is slow until I manually update the Wi-Fi Driver from Windows Update to v21.10.1.2 through Device Manager which downloads very slowly and sometimes aborts and I have to retry because another driver is already installing in the background. After a few retries the Intel 9560 Wi-Fi driver finally installs and the rest of the drivers go much faster. Why is the inbox Wi-Fi driver that comes with Windows 10 extremely slow at only 1mbps when running speedtest.net?

:)

Keith Weisshar, Jun 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

Slow wi-fi

My laptop, with Windows 10, runs extremely slow on Wi-fi - about 15 Mbps. The warranty dept at Costco is suggesting running Windows 10 back to the factory default. Do you think this will help? I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, specifically the
    network card?

DavidGadberry, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

1. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Slow clean install

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  4. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  5. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

6. Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2

Wi-Fi slows or stops after installing Windows 10 20H2: So this is my second time installing Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop. Both attempts have caused issues with my Wi-Fi speeds and browsing the internet is almost unusable right now since it will work for a minute and then just stops loading for 20-30 seconds. The first issue that...
  7. Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation

Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation: Hi everyone, I'm looking for a guide or a tutorial, but a very exhaustive one, which covers the issue about wi-fi after a clean installation of windows 10. I hope someone can tell me where to search in this forum, or better answer this thread. The following are the steps of...
  8. Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Wi-fi / lan problem after clean win 10 installation: Hi everyone, I'm looking for a guide or a tutorial, but a very exhaustive one, which covers the issue about wi-fi after a clean installation of windows 10. I hope someone can tell me where to search in this forum, or better answer this thread. The following are the steps of...
  9. Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903

Slow Wi-Fi after clean install of Windows 10 v1903: I have Intel 9560 Wi-Fi on my ASUS Z390 motherboard and when I do a clean install of Windows 10 v1903 I get very slow Wi-Fi speed at around 1mbps on speedtest.net. I have Xfinity Gigabit Plan with Arris TG3842G modem. Everything is slow until I manually update the Wi-Fi...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi speed is slow v1903 1/5 of what it should be