Windows 10: Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Discus and support Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnCMartin, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Hi,

I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :-

device

download speed

upload speed

laptop - Windows 10

74.04 Mbps

18.05 Mbps

phone - Android

65.9 Mbps

18.3 Mbps

PC -Windows 10

11.89 Mbps

15.51 Mbps

this problem has been ongoing for several weeks now and has been getting worse - previously I was getting about half the laptop speeds on my PC . I'm running windows 10 professional on my PC and here are the specifications :-

Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID DBFA283E-2CA2-4DE8-805A-2DD39B0BD789

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA921

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Here are the specifications of the Wi-Fi card :-

↑ IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.183 / 24

Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.254

Physical Address: 60:57:18:0B:B6:8E

Connection Speed: 195 Mbps

so far I've completed the following all with no result!

• A simple restart
    • disabling and re enabling the Wi-Fi card
    • Flushed DNS via the command prompt
    • manually set DNS settings in properties for the device
    • did a full reinstall of windows

None of this has worked - I am three floors up from where the router is so Ethernet is not an alternative especially as I also have a problem with TP link powerline plugs that I am trying to resolve separately!

Please can you advise how I can get Wi-Fi on my PC at a similar speed to that I receive on my laptop .

Many thanks

John Martin

:)

JohnCMartin, Nov 5, 2020

2. Extremely slow speeds on wi-fi (win10)

I'm having a lot of problems with win10 lately... Now my speed connection sucks! I can get more than 3mbps on Wi-Fi.

1- Checked router- OK

2- Internet speed on iPhone: 305mbps

3- Internet speed on iPad: 298mbps

4- Internet speed on PC (hotwire): 395mbps

5- Internet speed on PC (Wi-Fi): 3mbps

First device manager said I had the latest driver for my network adapter - Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 - wrong!!

I found a newer version and reinstalled the hardware with the new driver (8/1/2017) but speed is still slow as my old dial-up.

Any advices out there?

TedFlanders, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

I have wi-fi router having Ethernet as well as wi-fi port, on LAN internet speed is good i.e. same as win 8.1. But on WI-FI port internet speed is slow down.

I have Macfee Antivirus i.e. came along with Laptop.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

1. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC - Similar Threads - Slow internet Speed

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig: Good dayI hope someone here can assist me, i have no idea what else to trySo i built a gaming rig in 2020 and its been working 100% til now specs at the bottomfor the past couple of months now, i had an issue where I get internet speeds of around 0.2 - 0.1 mbps when connected...
  4. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig: Good dayI hope someone here can assist me, i have no idea what else to trySo i built a gaming rig in 2020 and its been working 100% til now specs at the bottomfor the past couple of months now, i had an issue where I get internet speeds of around 0.2 - 0.1 mbps when connected...
  5. Windows 10 Wi-Fi internet speeds extremely slow on gaming rig

6. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow: So my question is that when I open task manager and see the network speed, it is around 10Mbps, but when I open Chrome and load websites; they load slowly, so I run speed tests on websites like fast.com and speedtest.net, the speed stays between 0.5-1Mbps. While these tests...
  7. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset: So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me...
  8. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  9. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...