Windows 10: Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

Discus and support Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoaquinAvalos, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me off due to high latency. After having this happen to me on and off I eventually and just recently decided to reset my network to see if that would help. It only made things worse, as I had logged back on after the reset and my network discovery driver had disappeared from the home menu. After watching a couple of YouTube tutorials I was eventually able to get it running again via advanced settings, but now my internet is much slower. Is there any setting that could possibly be making it run slower? I always have the charger plugged in so I doubt that its a power issue.

:)

JoaquinAvalos, Oct 6, 2020

2. Slow Wi Fi speed

I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow.

My drivers are updated.

What should I do ?

JacobAbraham1, Oct 6, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

Extremely slow speeds on wi-fi (win10)

I'm having a lot of problems with win10 lately... Now my speed connection sucks! I can get more than 3mbps on Wi-Fi.

1- Checked router- OK

2- Internet speed on iPhone: 305mbps

3- Internet speed on iPad: 298mbps

4- Internet speed on PC (hotwire): 395mbps

5- Internet speed on PC (Wi-Fi): 3mbps

First device manager said I had the latest driver for my network adapter - Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 - wrong!!

I found a newer version and reinstalled the hardware with the new driver (8/1/2017) but speed is still slow as my old dial-up.

Any advices out there?

TedFlanders, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

1. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset - Similar Threads - Slow speed network

2. Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker: Wi-Fi speed slows down after connecting the Bluetooth speakerI am using ASUS X507 laptopI have 50 Mbps speed but after I connect the speaker my wifi speed goes down to 1 MbpsPlease provide some solution....
  3. Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi speed slowing down after connecting Bluetooth speaker: Wi-Fi speed slows down after connecting the Bluetooth speakerI am using ASUS X507 laptopI have 50 Mbps speed but after I connect the speaker my wifi speed goes down to 1 MbpsPlease provide some solution....
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  5. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow: So my question is that when I open task manager and see the network speed, it is around 10Mbps, but when I open Chrome and load websites; they load slowly, so I run speed tests on websites like fast.com and speedtest.net, the speed stays between 0.5-1Mbps. While these tests...
  6. Slow Network Speeds over Ethernet & WI-FI - Both Local & External

Slow Network Speeds over Ethernet & WI-FI - Both Local & External: Recently my network speeds over both Ethernet and WI-FI have dropped significantly causing me to have issues while working from home during COVID. I have quite an old Dell XPS L702X running windows 10. However, this laptop has been a beast, lasting me more than 10 years and...
  7. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC: Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :- device download speed upload...
  8. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  9. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af
  10. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...