Windows 10: Slow Wi Fi speed

Discus and support Slow Wi Fi speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacobAbraham1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Slow Wi Fi speed

I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow.

My drivers are updated.

What should I do ?

:)

JacobAbraham1, Sep 25, 2018

2. WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

I have wi-fi router having Ethernet as well as wi-fi port, on LAN internet speed is good i.e. same as win 8.1. But on WI-FI port internet speed is slow down.

I have Macfee Antivirus i.e. came along with Laptop.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Extremely slow speeds on wi-fi (win10)

I'm having a lot of problems with win10 lately... Now my speed connection sucks! I can get more than 3mbps on Wi-Fi.

1- Checked router- OK

2- Internet speed on iPhone: 305mbps

3- Internet speed on iPad: 298mbps

4- Internet speed on PC (hotwire): 395mbps

5- Internet speed on PC (Wi-Fi): 3mbps

First device manager said I had the latest driver for my network adapter - Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 - wrong!!

I found a newer version and reinstalled the hardware with the new driver (8/1/2017) but speed is still slow as my old dial-up.

Any advices out there?

TedFlanders, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Slow Wi Fi speed

WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

When I have Windows 8.1 OS, I am getting full 8 MBPS speed on WI-FI as well as on LAN.

I tried with my friend Laptop having OS Windows 7, on that laptop I am getting full WI-FI speed i.e. 8 MBPS.

I also tried with Cell Phone, WI-FI speed is getting 8 MBPS.

As per your suggestion I checked WI-FI speed by disabling Anti Virus. but problem remains same.

When I search on google for this problem it is observed that lot of users facing such type of problem, many of them revert back to Original OS.

So I need solution.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Slow Wi Fi speed

1. Slow Wi Fi speed - Similar Threads - Slow speed

2. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  4. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  5. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  6. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  7. Slow up load speed?

Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  8. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...: I'm getting 100+mbps speed on battery and 3mbps while plugged in. I don't recall changing any settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-gets-really-slow-when-i-plug-in/88d06ed4-989e-4fad-9e5b-22c2cb7bfd23
  10. My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...

My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...: I'm getting 100+mbps speed on battery and 3mbps while plugged in. I don't recall changing any settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-gets-really-slow-when-i-plug-in/88d06ed4-989e-4fad-9e5b-22c2cb7bfd23

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone wifi speed info

2. windows phone is lacking wifi speed

3. slow wifi

4. win 10 wifi and ethernet slow