Windows 10: Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping

Discus and support Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a strange problem where the WiFi download rate falls from time to time most commonly after the laptop has gone into sleep mode But that may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jon-Eskdale, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping

I have a strange problem where the WiFi download rate falls from time to time most commonly after the laptop has gone into sleep mode

But that may be a red herring!

The Laptop is a Dell 7530 i9 8th Gen running Windows 10 Pro Build 19042

The wifi properties are

Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping 2199318b-62cb-45b1-b5dd-0cf2dd065051?upload=true.jpg

Speedtest.net is reporting 14mbps down and 36.75mbps up

If however I disconnect and reconnect the WiFi connection on the laptop, Speedtest.net then reports

278mbps down and 71mbps up

So all it takes is disconnect and reconnect to fix it until the next time. Even when the laptop is in slow mode I can connect other devices such as my iPhone or MacBook pro and they have the full speed.

How would I go about diagnosing this - How do I find what is responsible - The WiFi is reporting a good link speed of 866/866 Mbps

Many thanks, Jon

:)

Jon-Eskdale, Apr 18, 2021

2. Slow wi-fi

My laptop, with Windows 10, runs extremely slow on Wi-fi - about 15 Mbps. The warranty dept at Costco is suggesting running Windows 10 back to the factory default. Do you think this will help? I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, specifically the
    network card?

DavidGadberry, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping

1. Slow Wi-Fi usually after Laptop sleeping - Similar Threads - Slow usually Laptop

2. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  3. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  5. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  6. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. slow wi-fi after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow wi-fi after updating the windows: My wi-fi started to be slow after i updated the windows, for exemple i want to open more tabs.first tab will be youtube and the other 5 will be some other sites, only the tab with youtube is working properly the videos are loading in 1080p very fast, but in the other tabs it...
  8. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep: I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals...
  9. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  10. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af