Windows 10: Slow Wi-Fi

Discus and support Slow Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christine J.Davis, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Slow Wi-Fi

I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon.

:)

Christine J.Davis, Mar 12, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Slow wi-fi

My laptop, with Windows 10, runs extremely slow on Wi-fi - about 15 Mbps. The warranty dept at Costco is suggesting running Windows 10 back to the factory default. Do you think this will help? I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, specifically the
    network card?

DavidGadberry, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Slow Wi-Fi

1. Slow Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Slow

2. Screen problem & Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen problem & Slow: I've just installed windows 10 from 7 and I have two monitors that I use two different screens on but what I now have is one full screen and the other screen shows part of the same page! When I go to the settings page it says it doesn't recognize my 2nd monitor. What should I...
  3. Windows 10 slow to boot or reboot after removing a bad drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow to boot or reboot after removing a bad drive.: For clarity, I have windows 10 installed on a solid state drive, while most of my larger files are on a 4TB hard drive. However, the hard drive failed recently, it suddenly became very slow to access any files, and was running at 100% on the hardware monitor constantly. I...
  4. Microsoft Mail running very , very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail running very , very slow: Hi The mail on my pc has suddenly started to run very slowly and takes forever to load messages and saved messages. I have reset the app and checked the settings to allow access but to no avail. Has anyone got a quick fix. I am using windows 10...
  5. MSI X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard stuck on slow mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard stuck on slow mode.: My computer was slow these past few days, and after a lot of troubleshooting with windows, nvidia and what not, it turns out that my MB has a slow mode switch... that's apparently broken or something, ant it turns on by itself, capping my processor and therefore slowing my...
  6. Slow performance for no reason

Slow performance for no reason: I've had some troubles with my computer lately. It started working very slowly one day for no reason this past week, and I haven't been able to fix it since. In the end I simply tried a clean install of W10, but even then it kept being slow. After that I tried a clean...
  7. PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...: Hello there, I have some really weird issues with one PC in a homeoffice with just 2 devices. There are two PCs both running Windows 10 1909 which are mounting several network shares from a Synology NAS hanging on the same switch. Now since 2 days ago, one of the PCs has...
  8. Slow PC after installing Sony Vegas Pro 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC after installing Sony Vegas Pro 17: Hello, I recently purchased and installed software to do video editing on my PC. Sony Vegas Pro 17 that I boughthere. During installing, Visual C++ 10.0 CRT x64 was installed. Upon completion of installation, I opened program to use. The first screen that appeared asked...
  9. REALLY SLOW INTERNET

REALLY SLOW INTERNET: My internet is fast. 125 MB download, about 20 MB Upload. However, I had a weird issue recently. I came back home after a walk, where I had left my PC on (It was only about forty minutes away) and I come back to find my internet not working anymore? When it was working...
  10. slow quick scaon on hp stream laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    slow quick scaon on hp stream laptop: this scan is taking forever, what's up? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slow-quick-scaon-on-hp-stream-laptop/285445e8-51c7-4587-8203-26098c4155a9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 1903 slow wi-fi