Windows 10: Slow WiFi access to LAN

Discus and support Slow WiFi access to LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My PC (Win10/64 Home edition, fully updated) WiFi connection to the router is very slow. With wired connection data transfer speed is ~100MB/s,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ForeverNoob, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Slow WiFi access to LAN

Hello,

My PC (Win10/64 Home edition, fully updated) WiFi connection to the router is very slow. With wired connection data transfer speed is ~100MB/s, but over WiFi it drops to ~5MB/s. For comparison, my phone reaches 30MB/s on similar conditions. The computer is only 1m away from the router, so this is not a signal strength problem. The wirless adapter is a USB RTL8188EU with latest drivers. Any idea on how to solve this?

TIA

:)

ForeverNoob, Mar 16, 2020
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Mar 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Slow WiFi access to LAN

e61i slow wifi

Hello,

I have an e61i and the wifi works but the download is slow. I compare it with a laptop connected to the same wifi access point and the laptop is about 10x faster at least. Any suggestions? phone is new so it has relatively latest software. thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel

laboheme---01, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Slow WiFi access to LAN

1. Slow WiFi access to LAN - Similar Threads - Slow WiFi access

2. Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before: I had several internet problems in the past months. Even with low ping some games lagged and the speed for download wasn't more than 5mb's on WiFi both 2.4ghz and 5.0gjz and no more than 20 on the lan. My internet speed is around 60-90 on smartphone or other devices, only the...
  3. Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before: I had several internet problems in the past months. Even with low ping some games lagged and the speed for download wasn't more than 5mb's on WiFi both 2.4ghz and 5.0gjz and no more than 20 on the lan. My internet speed is around 60-90 on smartphone or other devices, only the...
  4. Wifi and Lan super slow after formatting and before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No access to internet by WiFi because of LAN

No access to internet by WiFi because of LAN: Hello,My PC is connected to two networks, one on WLAN that have internet and one on LAN without. Even though I have internet with the WLAN, I cannot access any websites. My PC is acting as the connection did not exist, and I need to unplug my LAN cable to make it works.How to...
  6. Slow LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow LAN: Hi! I have a tiny but very annoying problem: My home wired network was designed with CAT5e and CAT6 LAN cables. All components have gigabit LAN, I use WIN 10 pro, and I applied for FTTH – that is working fine. Unfortunately, there is no gigabit connection on either of my...
  7. LAN access

LAN access: Hello I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (having already installed it on my desktop PC). With my previous setup, using Windows 8 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the main...
  8. No LAN access

No LAN access: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 Enterprise and after 30 minutes, after one restart, LAN stopped working. I have internet connection but I can't acces my LAN (laptop and storage server). My PC has a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller. I tried to update the driver,...
  9. Slow wireless lan

Slow wireless lan: Hi I have a dell XPS L502x with a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 BGN 1x2 HMC my internet speed from the isp is 100Mbps download and 20Mbps up load and when when it is hard wired to my laptop I get 105Mbps and 21mbps upload. but the maximum I get with wireless is 62mbps...
  10. Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10

Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10: Hello. I have an older PC (Phenom 1, crappy nForce chipset) that was running slow under Win7. I have installed Win10 from scratch (x64) and it's running better but when trying to access some shared folders with another Win10 computer, it takes a long time and it usually...