Windows 10: Slow WIFI issue after updating Windows

Discus and support Slow WIFI issue after updating Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For context I am running windows 10 via bootcamp. Last Tuesday Windows updated to what im assuming is the 1903 update. Ever since then I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SKRILLX11, Dec 3, 2019.

1. SKRILLX11 Win User

Slow WIFI issue after updating Windows

For context I am running windows 10 via bootcamp. Last Tuesday Windows updated to what im assuming is the 1903 update. Ever since then I have been unable to use my wifi internet connection. The computer establishes the connection and stays connected, the problem is that the bandwidth has gone to unusable speeds. From what Ive gathered, it seems to be an issue with the wifi network adapter specifically in windows. Hardwire works just fine. And wifi on ios works as well.

I have tried all of these potential fixes;

uninstalling and reinstalling driver

resetting network

uninstalling most recent updates

updating ios for possible driver updates

windows reset

I am at my wits end and have run out of options. If anyone can provide any assistance to fix this WITHOUT having to purchase a third party/external wifi adapter I would appreciate it.

***Original title: Windows 10 update killed wifi network adapter***

:)

SKRILLX11, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Dec 3, 2019
  3. WiFi issues with Creators Update

Hi,

To better manage the thread regarding the slow WiFi connection after the recent update, we'd like to check if you've already performed the steps suggested in the previous posts?

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 3, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow WIFI issue after updating Windows - Similar Threads - Slow WIFI issue

2. Slow/no-wifi issues on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow/no-wifi issues on PC: Hello there!For the past two weeks or so I've been having issues with my PC's wifi. Some mornings I'd boot it up but end up with extremely slow to no wi-fi, and I have no idea what's causing it-- it works perfectly fine on all other devices. Even in the same room, so I think...
  3. Slow/no-wifi issues on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow/no-wifi issues on PC: Hello there!For the past two weeks or so I've been having issues with my PC's wifi. Some mornings I'd boot it up but end up with extremely slow to no wi-fi, and I have no idea what's causing it-- it works perfectly fine on all other devices. Even in the same room, so I think...
  4. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  5. Wifi connection issues after windows update

Wifi connection issues after windows update: My wi-fi disconnects and reconnects around every 30 to 45 minutes, depending. This is a really bothersome problem, especially using VPN. Due to the infrastructure of the apartment, Ethernet and Firewire Ethernet are not options.This came right away with the 21H2 release. By...
  6. Wifi connection issues after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Wifi connection issues after the update

Wifi connection issues after the update: I think I’ve tried just about every restart method, network diagnostics and uninstall I can try and nothing will help connect my laptop to wifi, I don’t have an Ethernet cord and if I try and use personal hotspot the button automatically shuts itself back off, my only option...
  8. Wifi issues after updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi issues after updating windows: Hi! I have a new laptop and I updated it, then when I close the lid, the wifi cuts off! It also sleeps sometimes when I close the lid. This happened with another laptop I have a few months ago. I thought then that my laptop is having a problem. Is there any workaround to...
  9. WiFi issues after the last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi issues after the last update: I have issues with the wifi adapter after the last update because my laptop (HP ProBook 440 G5) can't find any network. I checked the adapters and only see the Ethernet adapter so my next step was to check the network adapter in the device manager but doesn't show me the...
  10. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...