Windows 10: Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been...

Discus and support Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I have been dealing with an issue on my new Dell laptop that I have not experienced previously. I have a lot of time invested in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trevor Seemann, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been...

Hello there,

I have been dealing with an issue on my new Dell laptop that I have not experienced previously. I have a lot of time invested in the setup of this laptop which is why my preference is not to send it back to Dell. I have a Dell Inspiron 7000. I have exhausted all of the typical resolution methods with drivers and upon almost giving up, I accidentally discovered that 100% my slow WI-fi issue on all wifi connections 100% goes away the moment I enable the Mobile Hotspot option in Windows 10. Just to be clear, this issue with the wifi is on all networks. I average about 1.5 mbs or less no matter what my proximity is to the wi-fi radio. The moment I enable the hotspot setting, i jump to 20 to 100mbs depending on how strong my signal is.

Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been... 95ef2a4b-894b-42c6-8765-e7f51de8451e?upload=true.jpg

I look forward to some feedback and ideas here.

Thank you,

TS

:)

Trevor Seemann, Mar 17, 2019
  2. lorraine walsh, Mar 17, 2019
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been...

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been...

1. Slow Wifi Issue completely goes away once the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot option has been... - Similar Threads - Slow Wifi Issue

2. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  3. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with mobile hotspot: Hello MS community, greetings from Bangladesh! I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series laptop running the latest W10 build. All my drivers are up to date. I use broadband internet connection through ethernet cable. Recently after installing the W10 June 2022 update, I'm facing...
  4. Issue with mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues: Hallo there, I would like to connect my phone to my mobile hotspot for windows 10, but it wont work. ill get this message: [ATTACH] And its not just with my phone, it with ANY device that I want to connect to my hotspot!!! and yes my phone can connect to other WIFI...
  6. WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing

WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing: I have a Windows 10 OS on my HP laptop that I've been using for a while now.Suddenly today my computer restarted and now two options "WiFi" and "Mobile Hotspot" are missing in my settings.I have tried all the ways posted on the windows help forums but none of them worked.I...
  7. option mobile hotspot

option mobile hotspot: My laptop is connect with wifi network and when I try to use option mobile hotspot in my laptop, the hotspot turn on but no a single phone is able to connect with he created hotspot....
  8. There is no "mobile hotspot" option in my windows 10

There is no "mobile hotspot" option in my windows 10: I currently have use inter(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, and HostedNetwork is supported, However there is no option for Mobile Hotspot in the Network&Internet settings....
  9. Mobile Hotspot Issues

Mobile Hotspot Issues: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. Mobile Hotspot Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile Hotspot Issue: I'm unable to share my LAN internet (from a Windows 10 ASUS laptop ) through mobile hotspot on my phone. I have checked the hosted network status on command prompt, and it says 'Not Available' On typing netsh wlan start hostednetwork on cmd, it says "The hosted network...