Windows 10: slow wifi on new dell computer

Discus and support slow wifi on new dell computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Dell laptop. A Nighthawk Netgear router and new Motorola modem. My old Toshiba gets 75-80 mb DLs, but this new Dell gets only 25-30! I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff85705, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Jeff85705 Win User

slow wifi on new dell computer

I have a new Dell laptop. A Nighthawk Netgear router and new Motorola modem. My old Toshiba gets 75-80 mb DLs, but this new Dell gets only 25-30! I tried updating router firmware, resetting modem, restarting the computer, but still poor speed. What can I do to speed it up

:)

Jeff85705, Feb 14, 2019
  2. TomMuck Win User

New Dell

• I just bought a Dell all in one computer it came with windows 10 64bit sys. and I was running a old dell that had so much virus on it I didn't want to transfer windows 10 build to the new one. So I tried to reg. the new dell with Microsoft and I thought
      it was Reg. and Microsoft update my old build to the new one at 32bit sys and the system run 64bit. system. So how can we change it ?? I update the Bois no luck there change windows 10 again didn't work. Still 32 not 64 real slow computer..

TomMuck, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. slow wifi on new dell computer - Similar Threads - slow wifi dell

2. Slow Wifi Reciever, Only on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Wifi Reciever, Only on computer: My pc is recieve speeds of up to 500 kbps max no matter what im doing, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wifi-reciever-only-on-computer/5fbee0f3-8772-4f2d-b670-f514128f8acc
  3. wifi is so slow on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi is so slow on my computer: someday, i was playing games on my computer, and i realize my ping is so much. It was 700-1000 ping. So i decide download another game. My download speed was around 40-70 kb. I mobile hotspot via my phone. Ping and download speed went normal but i have limit to use mobile...
  4. New laptop slow WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  5. New laptop slow WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  6. New laptop slow WiFi.

7. Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi: My Dell laptop is unable to connect to the WiFi in my room while my phone and smart tv are connecting and acting normal. This issue started this morning and it is the first time I've had such an issue. Interestingly enough my computer is capable of connecting approximately...
  8. New Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell Computer: I went online and bought this Dell Computer. (Vostro 3583|Service Tag: 8QTHTW2It) It has no DVD tray? What if I wanted to write something to a CD or DVD? Crazy . . . I suppose I could add an external drive. Or could I? It also said it had Windows 10 Pro? But, when I went...
  9. wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet)

wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet): Hi i want to share a hard problem to find to everyone i buy a lot of dell laptop at job for employes eveytime but recently andon many laptop i find wifi running at less 1 or 2 mbs/s when is supposed to run at 100 mb/s ... and after many format and reinstall and...
  10. Dell computer startup slow "the application is not responding..."

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell computer startup slow "the application is not responding...": Hello. I've had a Dell desktop running Windows 10 for about 2-3 years. It has been running fine but for the last week or so, the startup boot speed has been a bit slow. Occasionally, I would get a message on the bottom left corner "the application is not responding. the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow wifi on new dell computer

2. new dell computer

3. dell laptop slow wifi

4. new dell slow wifi,
  5. new dell laptop wifi slow,
  6. slow wifi dell desktop