Windows 10: Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

Discus and support Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My Wifi is slow on my new Surface Pro 6. I get about 50Mbps (while on my phone I get 350 connected to the same wifi). I have read the disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaliTal, Sep 2, 2019.

1. TaliTal Win User

Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

Hi

My Wifi is slow on my new Surface Pro 6. I get about 50Mbps (while on my phone I get 350 connected to the same wifi).

I have read the disabling the bluetooth helps, and indeed it helps (still doesn't get the same speed as my mobile phone but reaches about 200). But I am using an external BT keyboard and mouse on a daily basis. So I am looking for another solution. Is there one?

Thanks

Tali

:)

TaliTal, Sep 2, 2019
  2. koda.72 Win User

Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Changing the Preamble on my Nighthawk router fixed my slow wifi on my SP4 also. THANKS!!!!!

koda.72, Sep 2, 2019
  3. SirStiv Win User
    Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Hello there,

After rattling my brains over what it may be I found my own solution.

I did the registry changes suggested on the internet - no fix

I did the driver rollback/uninstall/reinstall - no fix

I changed the wifi driver band from auto 2.4ghz/5ghz - no fix

What fixed it for me was going to my router settings and changing it from Long Preamble to short pre amble.

Went from 1mbps to 30mbps (my limit from where i am from)

Hope this helps. My router is a netgear.

-Steve

keyword search help: Surface Pro 4 slow internet , Surface Pro 4 slow wifi , Surface Pro Slow wifi

SirStiv, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

1. Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6 - Similar Threads - Slow wifi Surface

2. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface 6 pro WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface 6 pro WiFi: Since the last update my Surface 6 pro takes a while to automatically connect to WIFI. It was fine before the update. Its faster to manually connect. If I leave it after start up it can take 10 minutes but connects eventually. No issue with the router and all other W10 & W8.2...
  6. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  7. Slow WIFI on Surface Pro 5th Gen

Slow WIFI on Surface Pro 5th Gen: My wifi is extremely slow compared to my cell phone. Phone gets 400 mbps with speedtest.net, Surface Pro gets less than 100 mbps. I went through all the Microsoft recommendation with no change. I went looking for a new driver from Marvell and found none. My current...
  8. Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability

Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability: Hello community, So, this has been plaguing me since forever. I am on a Surface Pro 6. My Wifi that I connect is 5G. Issue: When I switch on my Surface or wake her from sleep, 1. Takes about 10 - 15 seconds or more to connect to the Wifi 2. If not, I have to...
  9. Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi

Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi: Hi. My surface pro 2017 model has started performing poorly on latest windows 10 build. On same wifi network I get over 200mbs via my phone compared to only 25mbs on the surface pro. Anyone else getting same?...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 6 slow wifi

2. surface pro 6 wifi slow

3. surface pro 6 wifi 5ghz slow speed

4. wifi slow on surface pro 6