Windows 10: Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to set up a Skype call on my laptop which I will admit does not get used often but Skype told me that my wifi connection was not fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Westendbear, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

I was trying to set up a Skype call on my laptop which I will admit does not get used often but Skype told me that my wifi connection was not fast enough. So I started to investigate, I checked the speed using my phone & I was getting 100mbps without any issues however using the same app from the windows store I was only getting about 10mbps. Checked to see if any windows updates were required & also if there were also any driver updates too. Then I checked the web for any potential solutions & most of the fixes involved actions you cannot perform any more on windows. So I'm no further forward & I just don't see any reason why a decent laptop should be so sluggish essentially from what I can see because of Windows 10. So ideally answers & solutions would be co-operative

:)

Westendbear, Jun 5, 2020

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

e61i slow wifi

Hello,

I have an e61i and the wifi works but the download is slow. I compare it with a laptop connected to the same wifi access point and the laptop is about 10x faster at least. Any suggestions? phone is new so it has relatively latest software. thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel

laboheme---01, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

1. Slow Wifi on Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Slow Wifi Laptop

2. Wifi 4x as slow on windows laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi 4x as slow on windows laptop: I've had a windows laptop for a year now and most of the time i've had the problem of my wifi on windows being 4x as slow than any other device. My wifi speed is 150mbs and I tried it on my phone, brother's laptop mac and his phone. It's been like this for a while and i've...
  3. Wifi 4x as slow on windows laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi 4x as slow on windows laptop: I've had a windows laptop for a year now and most of the time i've had the problem of my wifi on windows being 4x as slow than any other device. My wifi speed is 150mbs and I tried it on my phone, brother's laptop mac and his phone. It's been like this for a while and i've...
  4. Wifi 4x as slow on windows laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi slow only on my laptop

Wifi slow only on my laptop: Hi everyone. Yesterday i noticed that wifi connection on my laptop was superslow compared to other device my phone has 70-80 mbps, my laptop has 4-5 mbps... The problem Is only when i am on 2.4 GHz network. Anyway my network adapter driver are the newest and the only...
  6. New laptop slow WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  7. New laptop slow WiFi.

New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  8. New laptop slow WiFi.

9. Slow WiFi on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow WiFi on laptop: Hi all--I'm having an issue with my Dell laptop. It's a few years old and has been working great. A few days ago I upgraded my internet from 35/5 to 100/10. Now, my laptop still only gets 35 down speed, max, and it seems to jump around a lot (especially when running a speed...
  10. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...