Windows 10: Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled

Discus and support Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all Having some issues here. I have an Intel wireless adapter AC 7265 with the latest drivers in my Lenovo X1 Carbon. For some reason, I'm having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pntha, Jun 25, 2019.

1. pntha Win User

Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled

Hi all

Having some issues here. I have an Intel wireless adapter AC 7265 with the latest drivers in my Lenovo X1 Carbon. For some reason, I'm having major issues with WiFi speeds when my Intel Bluetooth device is enabled. My Bluetooth device has the latest drivers as well.

With Bluetooth disabled, my link speeds are 19/2.5 Mbps. With Bluetooth enabled, my link speeds are 4/1.2 Mbps.

I tried the troubleshooting of this topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-update/4a20ba4f-33dc-4397-9823-e12dcb2607ba

The above link didn't provide a solution.

Anyone have an idea?

:)

pntha, Jun 25, 2019

2. Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10

My Bluetooth connection seems to be interfering with my Wifi connection. The interference persists even if no Bluetooth devices are connected to my system. I'm working on Win10, updated from Win7 a few days ago. I did not have this issue before the update.

Scenario:

• Both Bluetooth and Wifi are off
    • Switch on Wifi
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity
    • Switch on Bluetooth
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects
    • Disable and re-enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system.
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity immediately after reconnect
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects, after a short while (<1m)
    • Disable Bluetooth
    • Disable and enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity (same as step 3)
    Is anyone else facing the same issue. If yes, is there anything I could do to fix it? My drivers are all up-to-date and I'm working with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 adapter on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Update: As suggested by Bendito999 here,
    changing the advanced power settings of my Wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance" seems to circumvent the issue. This is however not a hard solution and only serves to work around the problem.

RoneyMichael, Jun 25, 2019
  3. wifi and bluetooth problem

I tried the steps that suggested by you, but didnt worked. Still wifi nd bluetooth not working. Please understand.

MohitAgrawal124, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Bluetooth and Wifi Conflicts while transferring data from Samsung phone to pc

Hi JohnLattimore1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Is WIFI working when Bluetooth is enabled?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?
    3. Are you trying to send and receive files via Bluetooth?

I understand how difficult it can be, when the basic features doesn’t work the way they are intended to.
    This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    This can be fixed by updating the drivers or uninstalling and reinstalling it. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and let us know the results.

Method 1: Run the inbuilt troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Update & Security.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot > Click on ‘Internet Connections’.
    3. Now click on Run the troubleshooter. After the network troubleshooter completes click on ‘Bluetooth’.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and this will try to fix the connectivity issues with the internet and Bluetooth.

Method 2: Update drivers.

Step 1: Update wifi drivers.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Go to ‘Network Adapters’ and expand them.
    4. Right click on the ‘WIFI’ network adapter, and select
      Roll back (If it is enabled) or click on Update Drivers.
    5. Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.

Step 2: Update Bluetooth drivers.

In the same way you can update or Roll back the ‘Bluetooth’ drivers.

1. Go to ‘Bluetooth’ and expand it.
    2. Right click on the ‘Bluetooth’ drivers, and select
      Roll back
      (If it is enabled) or click on Update Drivers.
    3. Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
    4. Restart the PC after the updating of the drivers completes.

This will update the drivers of WIFI and
    Bluetooth. Once the drivers are updated check, if you can use both WIFI
    and Bluetooth together. For more information check the
    update drivers in windows 10.
    I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Share files over Bluetooth.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow WiFi when Bluetooth is enabled - Similar Threads - Slow WiFi Bluetooth

2. bsod when i enable bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when i enable bluetooth: i have windows 10 22h2 and when i try to enable bluetotth via device manager i get a bsod https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/795721804760743956/1118910009858867320/1686838307248956325630.png so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled same issue please help...
  3. bsod when i enable bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod when i enable bluetooth: i have windows 10 22h2 and when i try to enable bluetotth via device manager i get a bsod https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/795721804760743956/1118910009858867320/1686838307248956325630.png so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled same issue please help...
  4. bsod when i enable bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears: When I enable bluetooth connection for calling directly from Windows, then warning about WiFi connection appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-bluetooth-enabled-then-warning-about-wifi/f57ecb39-d8b7-42d8-86d3-ef31f5977597
  6. When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When bluetooth enabled then warning about wifi connectivity appears: When I enable bluetooth connection for calling directly from Windows, then warning about WiFi connection appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-bluetooth-enabled-then-warning-about-wifi/f57ecb39-d8b7-42d8-86d3-ef31f5977597
  7. Slow WIFI speed when using Bluetooth headset on the PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow WIFI speed when using Bluetooth headset on the PC: Hello Guys, I am using Acer Predator Helios 300, and when I connect my bluetooth headphones to the Laptop the wifi speed drops drastically. I am using Boat Rockerzz 400 as my headphones. Also when I run any game it shows I dont have any internet connection. I am...
  8. Again trouble with Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Again trouble with Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10 home: Hello All Windows 10 home, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, Xiaomi NoteBook Pro. Some time ago, stopped seeing surrounding networks. Only when I turn off the bluetooth, networks appear and I can connect to them. I reinstalled drivers (tried to use old and most new),...
  9. lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ?

lose wifi connection when enabling bluetooth. Any fix ?: I have a brand new HP laptop that came with Windows 10 home installed on it. I have downloaded and applied all updates from MS. I use a Wi-Fi connection to my Time Warner router. I have everything setup and things seem to be running fine. Here's the deal. I thought...
  10. Cortana location enable slows wifi

Cortana location enable slows wifi: I have a brand new HP laptop with 8gig of ram, and noticed that with cortana location enabled my wifi speeds slow way down especially since the last windows update. Has anyone else noticed this since the latest windows 10 update which was suppose to update cortana? 25593

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my laptop my internet slow when im using bluetooth

2. slow wifi bluetooth