Windows 10: slow windows 10 boot new ssd

Discus and support slow windows 10 boot new ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i got my first ssd crucial mx500 500gb and it takes 40 seconds to boot from cold 377gb is FREE out of 465gb SSD I get windows 10 blue circle before i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/givemetech, Sep 27, 2020.

1. slow windows 10 boot new ssd

i got my first ssd crucial mx500 500gb and it takes 40 seconds to boot from cold

377gb is FREE out of 465gb SSD

I get windows 10 blue circle before i get the login screen before i enabled fast boot in bios i got the motherboard logo that is asus now i get the windows 10 Loading logo for few seconds after that i get the windows login screen

Things i've tried to solve it : only ssd is set to boot in bios other is disabled disabled startup programs from msconfig tried enabling fast boot and disabling it also in bios scanned for viruses changing ssd port to different port 6gb/s pc is set to performance mode

My System Specs AMD Ryzen 5 2600 stock ddr4 8gb 3000mhz ram b350 motherboard 1 crucial mx500 500gb ssd 2x 2tb hdd seagate 1 hdd

i'm adding a windows trace file to help anyone understand the problem i saw a post where this was mentioned so i did it 40mb file size

any help would be great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v70rnybh3dwgj7t/DESKTOP-722EG71.09-27-2020.18-38-47.Boot_1.rar?dl=0

submitted by /u/givemetech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/givemetech, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 27, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

No not tried any bench test on the ssd? how would that impact my slow boot problem? windows 8 use to boot up quick as. Driving me mad this problem.*Mad slow windows 10 boot new ssd :mad:

scevism, Sep 27, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

slow windows 10 boot new ssd

windows 10 slow boot

Wow you were so right just done a fresh install with just the ssd connected. Takes like 10 secs to boot into windows not like 3 mins anymore.*Smile slow windows 10 boot new ssd :)
    Thank you so much for the advice.*Toast :toast:

scevism, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

slow windows 10 boot new ssd

1. slow windows 10 boot new ssd - Similar Threads - slow boot ssd

2. Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.: I cloned my wife's laptop drive HP Pavilion DV6 - twice. The first time, I didn't see the "do you want this to be the start-up drive?" or whatever the question actually is. Understandably, I couldn't use the SSD. I fiddled around in CMD, looking for Windows and trying to...
  3. Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.: I cloned my wife's laptop drive HP Pavilion DV6 - twice. The first time, I didn't see the "do you want this to be the start-up drive?" or whatever the question actually is. Understandably, I couldn't use the SSD. I fiddled around in CMD, looking for Windows and trying to...
  4. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  5. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  6. Slow Cold Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Cold Boot on SSD: Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help. Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some...
  7. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  8. Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD: I have an system with an Intel i5 processor (a Dell 3620) and ****319 ms in the above) and whether True or False is reported - I see True sometimes with lower times. I've searched far and wide for similar problems and there do seem to be significant numbers of people seeing...
  9. Slow Boot on SSD

Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  10. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Windows 10 slow boot on SSD: Hello. Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is almost a minute longer than it used to be. Normally it took my PC about 20-25 seconds and I was already on a destop and ready to...