Windows 10: Slow Windows 10 HP laptop

Discus and support Slow Windows 10 HP laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello users, I have purchased a HP laptop 1.5 years back. It is working really slow right from the first day. I am not a heavy user. I just use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmitDhatrak, May 22, 2020.

1. Slow Windows 10 HP laptop

Hello users,

I have purchased a HP laptop 1.5 years back.

It is working really slow right from the first day. I am not a heavy user. I just use it for watching movie and MS word. No games. Tried resetting my PC yesterday and removed all HP bloatware, still no success. Also, note myCPU usage is always more than 70% even when idle and mydisk usage is also more than 70% most of the time. My laptop takes time to even minimize files, open word, at times even typing in Word takes time. Most of the times all my apps show not responding and I have to end task from Task Manager. Even Refresh on desktop takes time.

Note - My laptop is this slow right from the first day

Please help me with this slow laptop.

I am currently running the latest version of Windows 10 and my PC is always updated on time. Below I am attaching my Laptop specs and Task Manager screenshots

Thanks in advance

Product number
    4JA76PA
    Product name
    HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu
    Microprocessor
    Intel® Core™ i3-7020U 2.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores
    Memory, standard
    4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM 1 x 4 GB
    Video graphics
    Intel® HD Graphics 620
    Hard drive
    1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Slow Windows 10 HP laptop 8682b8a1-a46f-4d34-bfa3-9889fb545922?upload=true.png Slow Windows 10 HP laptop b8c9bf4c-8459-4f5f-9607-6f31eedbbb86?upload=true.png Slow Windows 10 HP laptop fc76216e-82de-4710-80b6-eac739d6d45d?upload=true.png Slow Windows 10 HP laptop d64ed26c-063e-4256-9ad5-d62bd4f5bf4d?upload=true.png

:)

AmitDhatrak, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 22, 2020
  4. Slow Windows 10 HP laptop

Real slow, brnd new hp

Just bought new hp laptop, real slow. Anyone have any suggestions, Thxs

LouieCastillo, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Slow Windows 10 HP laptop

1. Slow Windows 10 HP laptop - Similar Threads - Slow laptop

2. Omen laptop running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Omen laptop running slow: I recently asked a question on this asking questions on how to make my HP Omen laptop run faster. The wonderful Eiji T helped me out teaching me how to disable startup apps which helped a lot. But yet again I actually had my computer freeze up and forced me to do a full...
  3. Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second: Hello, I have this weird problem with my laptop: sometimes, randomly, everything slows down to a crawl for more or less a second. And I mean really everything, audio, video, inputs. I’m trying to find a source of this problem. The machine is the one on my profile. It has a...
  4. Slow Laptop at times. Possibly a System Interrupts Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Laptop at times. Possibly a System Interrupts Issue: Hello. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. My laptop is often very slow with CPU usage at 100%. All necessary start-up items have been disabled, my SSD has been trimmed and junk files cleared. In Task Manager, 'System Interrupts' is often at 100% (see below). [img] Performance...
  5. New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...: Hi, About 2 years ago I purchased a new laptop and ever since I bought it, it sometimes runs very slow when switching between applications and watching videos on YouTube. The video doesn't play and it hangs with the timer showing up. Eventually after waiting for 5 or 10...
  6. Hp Omen laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Omen laptop running slow: Hello! I got my Omen laptop back in march of 2019 and it worked like a dream! But after time passed it started to get slower. I dealt with it for a while but eventually grew tired of it as this is supposed to be an amazing computer. I downloaded Iolo system mechanic a month...
  7. Laptop very slow

Laptop very slow: Hello! I have a ASUS X541UV i3-7100U, GeForce 920MX, 4GB Ram, 500 GB HDD. It is very slow, it lags, it glitches the windows, some applications Not Responding or just they go black for a few seconds, blue loading on cursor. I want to mention that I didn't got any virus because...
  8. My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My gaming laptop became so slow after the update, help.: Whenever I open a window, it freezes, the taskbar doesn't work properly, I can't click the shut down button, I am not sure what to do, and whenever I play I have stutters and problems for some reason. submitted by /u/Omar-Whatever [link] [comments]...
  9. Slow laptop

Slow laptop: My hp laptop has suddenly started to work slower than before when its searching on the net or performing actions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop/a77ba6f1-2953-4e70-ae00-7164c5da2e2e
  10. 100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?

100% Disk Slowing Down Laptop After Dropping It?: I refently drppped my laptop on my carpet floor while it was running, and it seemed fine at first, but then it gave me a memory error and gave me all sorts of issues which I sorted out using chkdsk and allowing the laptop to basically fix itself, but now it is reporting 100%...