Windows 10: slow windows boot up

Discus and support slow windows boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; about 2 weeks ago my laptop boot up time got slower. it took 20 seconds to start but now it's 3 to 4 minutes. i turned off fast start up but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammad-98, Apr 9, 2020.

1. slow windows boot up

about 2 weeks ago my laptop boot up time got slower. it took 20 seconds to start but now it's 3 to 4 minutes. i turned off fast start up but nothing changed except that now there is a blue screen with please wait message on it instead of empty black screen also my graphics driver are up to to date and i just updated bios because of this problem other settings are just like what it was before slow boot up

please help....

:)

Mohammad-98, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 9, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

slow windows boot up

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

slow windows boot up

1. slow windows boot up - Similar Threads - slow boot

2. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  3. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  4. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow boot up after the bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  6. Slow boot up after the bios update.

Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  7. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  8. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  9. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  10. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...