Windows 10: Slow Windows Exlporer with 70K Photos

Discus and support Slow Windows Exlporer with 70K Photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Newbie to Reddit. I have a question regarding Windows 10. I have about 70,000 photos from the past 20 years that I had to download from Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdmirableBag2730, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Slow Windows Exlporer with 70K Photos

Hi,

Newbie to Reddit. I have a question regarding Windows 10.

I have about 70,000 photos from the past 20 years that I had to download from Google Photos since I was running out of space. I realized that there were a lot of duplicates partially due to my own fault but mostly because Google Photos stored each photo separately and then a copy in the photo album. Suffice it to say, it has been a royal pain trying to reorganize all my photos.

I am trying to organize photos by when they were taken and then putting them in relevant albums, if necessary. Each album is a Windows folder within the main photos folder. Windows Explorer is taking unbelievably long to show up all the files and hangs a lot. This is just to list the files in each folder. I need to see them by Date Taken and Media Created so had to add those columns. It just takes way too long for Windows to load. And once it's done loading (the green fill-up in the Address Bar), it starts again. I have tried including the folder in Libraries and Indexing options, but it doesn't make anything faster.

I have also tried other alternatives such as Xplorer, Directory Opus and Total Commander. Each has their own drawback. Xplorer takes long to load as well. Directory Opus cannot read HIEC files' metadata and Total Commander was a nightmare to use. I've also tried Adobe Bridge, which was great but there is no way to drag and drop unless each folder has been added to the left navigation bar as a favourite.

Any suggestions from anything on how best to handle this? Would greatly appreciate it.

submitted by /u/AdmirableBag2730
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdmirableBag2730, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Slow Windows Exlporer with 70K Photos

1. Slow Windows Exlporer with 70K Photos - Similar Threads - Slow Exlporer 70K

2. Photos slow motion feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos slow motion feature: I can't seem to find it now, and when I opened it last month to slow mo a video, the super slowmo feature on the turtle icon changed! It's not like the super slowmo before! How can I turn it back to the previous photos? I don't like this new update. Please help :( submitted...
  3. Cannot Unpin Documents from Quick Access on Exlporer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Unpin Documents from Quick Access on Exlporer: Why is it when I click unpin it won't go away?I think it is the onedrive documents folder but can't tell.It has folders I can't access like "My Music" "My Pictures" and My videosand a link to "Where are my files.What is this and how do I unpin it. It's cluttering my quick...
  4. Photo's very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo's very slow: I have all my pictures organized on my PC these are family pictures over 60 years in directories per year, per month, per event. Pictures, of course, became bigger over the years. Since a couple of months an upgrade of W10 or Photo's????? opening a photo with photo's FOR...
  5. MS Photos - Slow importing photos

MS Photos - Slow importing photos: Hello fellow MS Photos users. Is there a way to increase the speed of importing photos in this app. It's very slow and it should be possible to do something about it. If one of you have any ideas, I am open for any suggestions. I already did repair, reset and so on, but...
  6. Windows Photos too slow

Windows Photos too slow: Windows Photos is a big let down. It is too slow and often freezes. I have followed troubleshooting instructions but nothing has fixed it. I notice that this is a long standing issue that Microsoft have yet to address. When is it going to be fixed and is there anything that...
  7. Photos terribly slow to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos terribly slow to delete: I am a novice here. My computer recently updated to Windows 10, but even before then I believe it took a LONGtime minutes to delete and try to move pictures to a flash drive. I am moving/deleting photos to try to free up some disc space. The disc has minimum free space. Is...
  8. Intel Motherboard DZ77GA-70K,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Motherboard DZ77GA-70K,: Does computer with Intel Motherboard DZ77GA-70K and BIOS version 35 - GAZ7711H.86A.0035.2012.0419.2011 meet system requirements for upgrade from Windows 10 version 1803 to Windows 10 version 1903 ?...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow

Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow: So ever since I got windows 10 the Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow in opening images. Takes literally like 3-4 seconds til it opens when on Windows7 it used to be instant. Anyone know how to fix this? 21632
  10. Photos app search is slow

Photos app search is slow: Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very slowly. I know it’s building some kind of index and I have a couple thousand photos but on machine of my spec it seemed very slow....