Windows 10: Slow wireless speed

Discus and support Slow wireless speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a clean install of w10 pro.Even sited next to router it very rarely goes to 5g. Speed is 48kbs I am on 950mbps down & 45 up. Any ideas how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daveb47, May 24, 2021.

1. daveb47 Win User

Slow wireless speed

I have a clean install of w10 pro.Even sited next to router it very rarely goes to 5g. Speed is 48kbs I am on 950mbps down & 45 up. Any ideas how to fix this please W10 v10/1943

:)

daveb47, May 24, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 24, 2021
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 24, 2021
  4. Slow wireless speed

ReubenFaleiro, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Slow wireless speed

1. Slow wireless speed - Similar Threads - Slow wireless speed

2. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  3. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  4. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow speeds on 5GHZ wireless on surface.

Slow speeds on 5GHZ wireless on surface.: Speed is 40Mbps on 2.4Ghz wifi but 5Mbps on 5ghz. Windows is up to date. Problem occurs only on microsoft surface and not on any other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-speeds-on-5ghz-wireless-on-surface/af713f37-03ed-415a-af57-ecb88901d549
  6. Wireless network speed fast on laptop and slow on PC

Wireless network speed fast on laptop and slow on PC: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my internet speed on my PC. I have a virgin media 350mbps fiber optic internet at home. The router is in the living room behind the TV. My pc is in my bedroom on the other side of the house. When i run internet speed tests on my pc i get...
  7. Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10

Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10: Hello! I know this topic is asked many times, but I still didn't find any solution for my issue. The problem is my wireless speed is not normal, it is limited/capped to ~4Mbps (~500KB/s), it should be ~60Mbps to connect to the internet. I found some points regarding this...
  8. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  9. Slow speed with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

Slow speed with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230: My computer will not register download speeds much faster than 12Mbps over wireless even though I have a 50mbps connection which is confirmed with an ethernet connection. Is that the max speed of my Wifi device- Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230? Is there a way to get the Wifi...
  10. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Ethernet Speeds Slow!: Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room, all the way to my room down a very long hallway, a kitchen and then my room, the connection was terrible. My ping was 183 ms,...