Windows 10: Slow Youtube search

Discus and support Slow Youtube search in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Folks, When in the YouTube page and searching in the YouTube search box there is a real lag to the text typing. If I do the same in explorer it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spottydog10, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Slow Youtube search

Hi Folks,
    When in the YouTube page and searching in the YouTube search box there is a real lag to the text typing. If I do the same in explorer it is fine.
    Any ideas?

:)

spottydog10, Dec 15, 2017

2. Edge Keeps Dropping the Ball

Edge continually drops my searches. I used to type Y and select YouTube. Simple. Cool. Now, I get the option for YouTube, and select it, but no luck. So I type Yo, and it drops, You, it drops. OK, YouTube. I put the cursor in the search box after I
    type the word, or after I select it from the list below the search box, and press enter. Still it drops. What's up? I have started using Chrome which is super slow, but at least it gets me there. I am using Youtube as an example. It's been happening with
    all searches lately.

I ran the Microsoft troubleshooter. It found nothing. I ran Malwarebytes, AVG, and SuperAntispyware and had the last one make the recommended fixes. The problem seems to be getting worse. Then there's Bing which is approaching hopeless.

IvoryDream, Dec 15, 2017
  3. brockey85 Win User
    slow internet 3g nokia lumia 520

Is there a fix for the slow internet on lumia 520??

don't seem to watch youtube or surf the net its so slow..

brockey85, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Slow Youtube search

Should have said, this is when using MS Edge.

spottydog10, Dec 15, 2017
  5. MrHudson Win User
    In your power options, switch to performance, then click change power plan, then click the change advanced power plan, window pops up, look for your network adapter, change it there to performance and see if that speeds Edge up some.

MrHudson, Dec 20, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Occurs only on YouTube ? Approx how long is the lag, 1-2 sec ? How many open tabs ? Disable your Extensions to see if one may be effecting.

You may try to repair/reset Edge.

Settings
    Apps&Features
    Scroll down to Edge and Click
    Advanced Options
    Repair/Reset

Many prefer Chrome or Firefox.

torre, Dec 20, 2017
  7. spottydog10, Dec 20, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Slow Youtube search

Disable your extensions to see if any effect. Reset or Repair Edge as listed above.

Also, are you running the latest edition of Win10 (16299.125) ?

torre, Dec 20, 2017
  9. That was interesting.
    Resetting Edge gets the typing speed back but when I put my favourites bar back on is the point when the lag reappears.
    I'm going to delete each fav on the bar and see what happens...

spottydog10, Dec 22, 2017
  10. It was a fav bar item for my hometown newspaper that was the culprit.

spottydog10, Dec 22, 2017
  11. torre Win User
    Super ! Pls mark thread as solved when you have time.

torre, Dec 22, 2017
  12. Thanks for the help torre.

spottydog10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow Youtube search

1. Slow Youtube search - Similar Threads - Slow Youtube search

2. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  3. Slow Search

in Cortana
    Slow Search: Each time I log onto Windows 10, I need to run the Searching and Indexing troubleshooter and get message that the "Windows Search function is not working." Once Windows Search is FIXED it works well until I log off and then log back on later. I have to repeat the process each...
  4. YouTube slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube slow: Hello, I have two Windows 10(20H2) 64-bit PCs connected to my LAN via Cat 6 Ethernet. Over the past month I have noticed that certain random YouTube videos are slow and constantly buffer on either PC during 5-12 at night. Running the videos at the lowest quality doesnt help...
  5. Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing: I have Family Safety setup for my children and configured for whitelisting urls only. I have set up a YouTube playlist for my children on my youtube account and added the link in their Content Restrictions > Web browsing > Always Allowed websites. I have found that from...
  6. Why doesn't YouTube remember my searches?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't YouTube remember my searches?: While typing in the YouTube search bar, I remember it used to display 1 or 2 of my recent searches. Now, it doesn't do that. I resumed search history but it's still not working. submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments]...
  7. Youtube Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube Slow: Hello, So as it says on the tin, I am finding searching for content on youtube to ber very slow. Everytime I type something in the search bar, it takes an age for the full text to appear and the search to execute. Is this to do with my internet speed and is there anything...
  8. Youtube slow connection speed IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube slow connection speed IE11: Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal connection/download speeds for youtube videos. All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less my full bandwidth speed. I use youtube's...
  9. YouTube Slow?

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube Slow?: Unsure what is happening here, for a few days now, when I load a youtube video, all I get is a black screen, and I do not see the video until I 'nudge' a few keys and throw mouse at screen (not really!) Whilst this is happening I went up to 200mb last night from 150, so...
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111