Windows 10: SlowBoot+

Discus and support SlowBoot+ in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I started this under the Slow Boot question and pursued most of the suggestions w/o success. i.e. Attempting Repair yielded a blank screen, not blue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HomeFrontGuRu, Jun 19, 2019.

1. SlowBoot+

I started this under the Slow Boot question and pursued most of the suggestions w/o success. i.e. Attempting Repair yielded a blank screen, not blue, blank. I found several anomalies with suggestions from Andrey and from poking around in Storage Space and Disk manager. For all intent and purpose I've only found issues with "Disk 2" as reported by Disk Manager, SlowBoot+ 348928ac-77cb-484e-9384-f8eb6aa566c2?upload=true.png

and a Storage Space warning wrt an SSD. Now the Storage Space App only reported an equivalent size so that's the only relation I have thus far to "Disk 2".

From the above I attempted both partitioning styles that yielded an I/O error. Weather this is the cause of my Slow boot I haven't a clue at this point but for all intent and purpose "Disk 2" appears to be D..E..A..D. In another life I had a utility, non-MS, that I could read disk tracks/sectors but I don't know if MS has such a scripting utility to exercise "Disk 2" and if I attempt to go "Offline" in Disk manager I get the same I/O error.

For all intent and purpose I expect that I need to replace "Disk 2"to further this troubleshoot. Now the question is how do I find the SATA port Disk 2 is connected and a proc to safely remove it. I know that MS has a table that can be read … somewhere … that relates Physical devices to I/O ports but thus far I don't where it is or how to read it.

RSVP

:)

HomeFrontGuRu, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Duxx Win User

Going from Raid 0 to two separate drives

Okay well if someone could tell me how to prevent it from taking 30 seconds to load during boot up ill be fine. One other thing, I have another partition on this drive (for XP) and cannot remove it. Would this have something to do with the slowboot up time? When I bootup, it initializes RAID (like 20 seconds) then I have the option of choosing OS, (xp or 7). Also would love to remove this partition but it says I cannot.

Thema:

SlowBoot+