Windows 10: Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

Discus and support Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, So I've been trying to identify this issue for months and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've checked EVERYTHING, and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Still, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Still Win User

Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

Hello,
    So I've been trying to identify this issue for months and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've checked EVERYTHING, and I can't trace where the lag is coming from. Reinstalled Windows multiple times and experience the lag.

According to Process Hacker, SHCore.dll!GetDpiForMonitor+0x70 is constantly being called in the threads. Extremely apparent when the slowdown happens. I do have a short trace ETL that I can upload but it may take a while. How could I try to identify the issue myself using WPA?

:)

Still, Oct 5, 2016

2. Blue Errors every few minutes

That link points to a shortcut not the actual DMP file. Try it again

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 5, 2016
  3. Blue Errors every few minutes

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    BSOD Finding and fixing them
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 5, 2016
  4. Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

@Still Did you ever figure this out?

I suspect I my observation of SHCore.dll!GetDpiForMonitor+0x70 is similar to yours. In my case explorer hangs for an undetermined amount of time (30+ seconds) when I attempt to create new folders on an external disk I have. When I've rebooted in the past the behavior goes away only to return days later.

In my case I have a hunch that one of the shell extensions I've loaded is the cause. I think I SysInternals Process Monitor may help me track it down.

Rambo Gandhi, Mar 8, 2017
Thema:

Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

1. Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll? - Similar Threads - Slowdown every few

2. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  3. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  4. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  6. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  8. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  10. Mouse lag every few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...