Windows 10: slower download speed onmy laptop

Discus and support slower download speed onmy laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New (two weeks) to spectrum internet service. Desktop (W10) getting 200mbps on 2G wireless network. Toshiba laptop (W10) getting 30mbps on same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lakota Peter, Jan 2, 2019.

1. slower download speed onmy laptop

New (two weeks) to spectrum internet service. Desktop (W10) getting 200mbps on 2G wireless network. Toshiba laptop (W10) getting 30mbps on same network and closer to router. On Ethernet network laptop getting 90mbps. The HP desktop does not see the Ethernet network so I can't provide that comparison. Ethernet connection is modem to router to d-link switch all on cat 5 cable. I will test Ethernet speed directly connected to the router and to modem and update my post as I am now on the laptop and might lose connection to carry out that test before posting this.

:)

Lakota Peter, Jan 2, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Not getting my download speeds.

I haven't but no of the other devices have problems with the download speeds. It just seems that my laptop is the one with the slower speeds than everything else in my house.

davevidduong, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Some101 Win User

slower download speed onmy laptop

New router but slower download speed

Hello,

I just replaced my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to a Linksys x1000. However, my download speed is slower than the previous router I had. I tried the following things to resolve this problem:

• Upgrading to the latest firmware version;
    • Updated my wireless network card drivers to the latest version;
    • Switching between different channels (channel 1 and 5 and default channel). I have set Network Mode to: Mixed and I set Channel Width to Automatic (20 or 40 MHz).

When using my old router I had an average download speed of 1 MB/sec while using the new router I can't get pas 500 KB/sec. In both cases I was sitting next to the router.

Oh, and by the way, there's also a port on the router named DSL. It looks like it doesn't matter whether I connect that port to my modem. How come? What's its function?

Anyone got an idea?
    Thanks

slower download speed onmy laptop original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1.jpg

Some101, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

slower download speed onmy laptop

1. slower download speed onmy laptop - Similar Threads - slower download speed

2. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  3. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  4. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop: My girlfriend and I recently got new Wifi and decided to pay the extra penny to get the best out of our internet. We went with Virgin Media and got the new Hub 5 router with a speed cap of 512Mbps. Initially we tested the speeds on my laptop with 'Ookla Speedtest' and I was...
  5. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop: My girlfriend and I recently got new Wifi and decided to pay the extra penny to get the best out of our internet. We went with Virgin Media and got the new Hub 5 router with a speed cap of 512Mbps. Initially we tested the speeds on my laptop with 'Ookla Speedtest' and I was...
  6. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  8. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  9. Windows computer slower download speeds

Windows computer slower download speeds: I have an HP Envy from 2016, with a gigabit ethernet port and wireless ac. This computer is consistently getting slower speeds than my Android devices, and my older linux computer. Wired(same wire and ports as when I plug the linux computer in), I can't get over 100Mbps. It...
  10. New router but slower download speed

New router but slower download speed: Hello, I just replaced my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to a Linksys x1000. However, my download speed is slower than the previous router I had. I tried the following things to resolve this problem: Upgrading to the latest firmware version; Updated my wireless network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my download speed on my dell g7 laptop so much slower than my phone