Windows 10: Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer

Discus and support Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot explain this weird occurrence and am hoping someone can please help. I am an Optimum customer with 200mps service. I was renting an Arris... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteComp, Jun 12, 2019.

1. PeteComp Win User

Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer

I cannot explain this weird occurrence and am hoping someone can please help. I am an Optimum customer with 200mps service. I was renting an Arris 802G modem which is an 8x4 channel modem and was getting speeds in the near 200mps range. In order not to rent any more, I purchased an Arris 1602A modem which is 24x8 channel, which, in theory, should be just as fast or faster. However, now I am getting speeds just over 100mps on my desktop computer which is hard wired with an Ethernet cable (not wireless). I am using the Speedtest.net Windows App as well as using Edge and Chrome at the same site to test the speeds.

At first I thought the modem was defective so I returned it for another with the same results. Then I began doing some tests and found that wirelessly through my phone, again using the same App, I am getting speeds near 200. I tried using different ports in the router (Dlink Covr-2600R) with the same results. Then I plugged a different computer into a different port and it got over 200. Next I took the wire which was in this second computer, plugged it into my desktop computer and was back down again in the 100 range. So, that ruled out the port and the Ethernet wire. I have unplugged and plugged in both the modem and router multiple times as well.

I thought maybe the built-in network adapter might be faulty and was thinking of changing it, however, I do get speeds over 200 with the old modem, just not with the new one. Unfortunately, I returned the 802G so as not to be charged any more so I can't do any more tests with that (which was a pain anyway since I had to call Optimum to activate it each time I did a swap).

So why ONLY on my desktop computer (my main computer) is the speed so slow compared to other computers wired or wireless? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

PeteComp, Jun 12, 2019
  2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 12, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer

1. Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer - Similar Threads - Slower downloads Arris

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  6. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  7. computer internet slower than iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer internet slower than iPad: For some reason, my internet on my computer is slower than my iPad 7th gen. Is there a fix or a better driver for my Dell Inspiron N5050? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is wayyyyy slower than it should be: Hi, last summer I built a pretty good desktop, 16gb RAM, 4 core AMD, NVIDIA 1060, etc. But it just feels so slow, right now it is orders of magnitude slower than my other laptop, which isn't half as good (8 gb RAM, 4 core intel, internal GPU). On my desktop, programs take...
  9. Download speed slower than upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  10. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...: My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arris 802 verseus 1602