Windows 10: slower than expected download speeds.

Discus and support slower than expected download speeds. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cybot, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Cybot Win User

slower than expected download speeds.

I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The absolute highest I have seen is 600kB/s. I have seen this on Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11. My ISP insists I am getting full speeds, and OpenSpeedtest.com seem to confirm this, with results coming at a highest reading of 10.14Mbps Up and 1.25 Down. The speed test on my ISP's website agrees with this result. My Wi-fi netwo

:)

Cybot, Mar 21, 2023

2. Download speed slower than upload speed

My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds (10Mbps) compared to upload speeds (30Mbps). On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan.

This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi.

I have changed the Windows update settings that limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates.

I have changed the NetworkThrottlingIndex registry setting to ffffff.

Is there some other Windows setting I can find and change, to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Koz, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 21, 2023
  4. slower than expected download speeds.

Microsoft Store suddenly slower download speed

Hello, I have an issue with download speed on Microsoft Store, I am trying to download a pretty big game but my download speed is only 60-70 Mb/s but I am using ethernet and before it was 200+ Mb/s idk why it is slower than before, 130 Mb/s diference
    between now and my last download.

Andrei Brincoveanu, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

slower than expected download speeds.

1. slower than expected download speeds. - Similar Threads - slower expected download

2. Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.: I build my own pc a few months ago and everything worked fine, but about a month ago it started to slow down. I have 250 Mbits/s on my phone and on almost every other device in my house, but i reach only between 10-60 Mbits/s on my pc. I did speed tests at the same distance...
  3. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  4. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.: Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH] I bought a new wifi card...
  5. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  6. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  7. Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home [ATTACH] I have tried few things nothing worked out 1.Windows update 2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled 3. Restart Modem...
  8. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  9. File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN

File transfer slower than download speed on wireless LAN: The issue File transfers are capping at 355KBps downloading above 1MB mostly I shared internet connection with my friend and its a 10Mbps one. Network is as below First is Internet router 54Mbps Second is Repeater (Tenda N300 300Mbps) My frnds laptop is connected to this...
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...