Windows 10: Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

Discus and support Slowing mouse pointer with keybind? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I vaguely recall using an accessibility setting or maybe a 3rd party app that would slow down my pointer speed when I held down a certain key, anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johann110394, May 4, 2017.

1. Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

I vaguely recall using an accessibility setting or maybe a 3rd party app that would slow down my pointer speed when I held down a certain key, anyone familiar with this?
    I find it useful to decrease my pointer speed when using painting apps and such for the increased precision, however it's annoying to have to go into my mouse settings each time.

:)

Johann110394, May 4, 2017

2. slow cuser and slow computor, just bought this dell lapatop

If you bought it today, maybe, it have never seen an internet-connection before, and when you connected it, it began to check for updates, and install them. This could be the reason for the slowness...

Just let it be on power for some hours and let it run on it's own...

The slow cursor... Go to Control Panel, and adjust the mouse there.

Control Panel

Mouse

Pointer options

Adjust the pointer speed

Click OK

Micael Nielsen, May 4, 2017
  3. Mouse pointer jumps when moved using touchpad to 'active' screen locations on Dell D630 after installing 64bit Windows 10

I have also tried experimenting with changing the mouse pointer speed and, perhaps significantly, the distance the pointer jumps is a function of the speed setting. If the setting is slow then it does not jump very far, if it is fast it jumps a long way.

Its looks as if the screen update that as a result of the original mouse movement (e.g. a button becoming highlighted) is causing windows to be confused as to where the mouse is and thinks that it has been moved again. The distance that it then moves the pointer
    is then a function of the mouse speed setting.

Also, I have found that if I slide vertically into the 'active' screen area such as a button, if the pointer jumps, it jumps to the right. If I slide horizontally into the active screen area and there is a jump then it will be upwards.

Nigel-Dyer, May 4, 2017
Thema:

Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

1. Slowing mouse pointer with keybind? - Similar Threads - Slowing mouse pointer

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d
  3. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse pointer: I have 2 monitors side by side. Left mon. is primary(1). If I'm hovering with mouse pointer on 1 and if there is a window open on 2 with a bubble tip on the same plane as my mouse on 1, then it will open. Any ideas? Thanks....
  4. Mouse Pointer -

Mouse Pointer -: How can I increase the size of my Microsoft Mouse pointer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/764239be-5892-4435-a308-b98c1e20fea8
  5. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer: scroll pointer not showing how do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/27f1d279-1644-42d2-b289-2449dd613d5c
  6. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: Every time I hover over somthing it clicks it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/30a24d73-733e-415a-80a7-745a09cdfe69
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: hi all help plz.. hp tower pc I keep losing my mouse pointer works of for a few days . but if I stop go make a coffee etc pointer has gone have to reboot my pc and lose all my work ...got all latest updates changed mouse a few times. Googled the problem and it looks like...
  8. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is acting crazy. It jumps to the top/middle of my screen. I move the mouse, but it goes back there and blinks with a circle around it. I have to restart the PC to fix. But then it happens again. Also, when I look a device manager, I see two 'Other devices',...
  9. Mouse Pointers

Mouse Pointers: I have changed my mouse pointer to a large black arrow. Named the theme and saved it Frequently I boot up or start an application and the pointer has changed to the default theme. My named theme is in the list and I an select it and I have the large black arrow back. Can I...
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...