Windows 10: Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

Discus and support Slowing mouse pointer with keybind? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I vaguely recall using an accessibility setting or maybe a 3rd party app that would slow down my pointer speed when I held down a certain key, anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johann110394, May 4, 2017.

1. Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

I vaguely recall using an accessibility setting or maybe a 3rd party app that would slow down my pointer speed when I held down a certain key, anyone familiar with this?
    I find it useful to decrease my pointer speed when using painting apps and such for the increased precision, however it's annoying to have to go into my mouse settings each time.

:)

Johann110394, May 4, 2017

2. slow cuser and slow computor, just bought this dell lapatop

If you bought it today, maybe, it have never seen an internet-connection before, and when you connected it, it began to check for updates, and install them. This could be the reason for the slowness...

Just let it be on power for some hours and let it run on it's own...

The slow cursor... Go to Control Panel, and adjust the mouse there.

Control Panel

Mouse

Pointer options

Adjust the pointer speed

Click OK

Micael Nielsen, May 4, 2017
  3. Mouse pointer jumps when moved using touchpad to 'active' screen locations on Dell D630 after installing 64bit Windows 10

I have also tried experimenting with changing the mouse pointer speed and, perhaps significantly, the distance the pointer jumps is a function of the speed setting. If the setting is slow then it does not jump very far, if it is fast it jumps a long way.

Its looks as if the screen update that as a result of the original mouse movement (e.g. a button becoming highlighted) is causing windows to be confused as to where the mouse is and thinks that it has been moved again. The distance that it then moves the pointer
    is then a function of the mouse speed setting.

Also, I have found that if I slide vertically into the 'active' screen area such as a button, if the pointer jumps, it jumps to the right. If I slide horizontally into the active screen area and there is a jump then it will be upwards.

Nigel-Dyer, May 4, 2017
Thema:

Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

1. Slowing mouse pointer with keybind? - Similar Threads - Slowing mouse pointer

2. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  3. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  4. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  5. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  6. Mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer slow: Every time I start Windows the mouse pointer gets extremely slow and laggy for about one minute. I want to know if it is a problem with my computer or a driver. Excuse my english...
  7. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  9. Mouse Keybind Software

Mouse Keybind Software: What software would you recommend for mapping keypresses to my mouse buttons? I have a Redragon Lavawolf and don't particularly want to download the Redragon software. I would rather have something more straightforward. 144214
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...