Windows 10: Slowness and update

Discus and support Slowness and update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I need some help in terms of slowness of my laptop. I updated a few days ago and since then it is so slow and I can’t use it, though the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AgnesSerester, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Slowness and update

Hi everyone,

I need some help in terms of slowness of my laptop. I updated a few days ago and since then it is so slow and I can’t use it, though the laptop is essential to my work.

There is windows 10 on it and this is my laptop: https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comp...-128-gb-ssd-white-rose-gold-10180952-pdt.html (I am sorry, I am not really good at tech things).

So, the problem is that it is very slow and whenever I click on something on the desktop, e.g. documents, it just becomes frozen. The ctrl+alt+del just does not work, too. Literally, I cannot use it because it just becomes frozen. I have no idea what to do. Please, help me! Slowness and update :(

Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

AgnesSerester, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 10, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Slowness and update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 10, 2018
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Slowness and update

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Slowness and update

1. Slowness and update - Similar Threads - Slowness update

2. All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.: Ever since the most recent update to Windows I've been experiencing extremely slow page load times on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. What I find most interesting is that when I load my Linux VM on the same Windows machine, Firefox in the VM loads at normal speeds,I've cleared my...
  3. All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.: Ever since the most recent update to Windows I've been experiencing extremely slow page load times on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. What I find most interesting is that when I load my Linux VM on the same Windows machine, Firefox in the VM loads at normal speeds,I've cleared my...
  4. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  5. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  6. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10: My laptop was running Windows 7 Family Premium and I was forced to update it due to the discontinuation of support To Windows 10 The result was a drop in performance four times, so I cannot run light games or even open some applications smoothly. I am a game developer and I...
  8. the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10

the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10: My laptop was running Windows 7 Family Premium and I was forced to update it due to the discontinuation of support To Windows 10 The result was a drop in performance four times, so I cannot run light games or even open some applications smoothly. I am a game developer and I...
  9. the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. After Windows Update Laptop is slow and Some Apps are not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update Laptop is slow and Some Apps are not opening: After the Windows update my laptop was not opening and the screen was black but thanks to this website https://printebill.com/ I have recovered my laptop 70%. But now my laptop is slow and some apps are not functioning. my outlook is not working as taskbar apps are not...