Windows 10: slowness/scan

Discus and support slowness/scan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have left dell and got a Lenovo which im very happy with. My question is please, my wife has a dell inspirion 15 3000 series. When bought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by journeyman4, Mar 22, 2020.

1. slowness/scan

I have left dell and got a Lenovo which im very happy with. My question is please, my wife has a dell inspirion 15 3000 series. When bought it was windows 8.2, when the free windows 10 upgrade was offered I ran the test that was provided and it was deemed this laptop would take windows 10, so went ahead, all went well. My wife does not have much on her pc mostly uses it for ancestary, etc.
    Now on start up and shut down it takes ages even to open a tile it takes a while. when it comes to doing a scan we use kaspersky, before that avg paid version, her scan takes 5/6 hours, mine takes about 22 minutes. but as it is scanning and look at the number of files it says it has scanned wow far more than mine and i have a lot more stuff on my laptop, is it possible that when it was upgraded to windows 10 did windows 8.2 also stay on pc?

Can I check this any way, also can anything be done to speed things up or shall I dump yet another dell and buy her also Lenovo. thank you for any help/advice offered.

:)

journeyman4, Mar 22, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 22, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 22, 2020
  4. slowness/scan

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

slowness/scan

1. slowness/scan - Similar Threads - slowness scan

2. Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives: I might have malware/other hdd issues that rendered multiple files corrupted. the problem is i cant scan the drives at all cause the scan is super slow. full scan/custom scan takes up to 12+ hours and trying to access these drives are incredibly taxing for my pc which...
  3. Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow scans and difficulty accessing drives: I might have malware/other hdd issues that rendered multiple files corrupted. the problem is i cant scan the drives at all cause the scan is super slow. full scan/custom scan takes up to 12+ hours and trying to access these drives are incredibly taxing for my pc which...
  4. Norton 360 scans run slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 scans run slow: One user complained that it took two hours to scan a million items.BOY! I wish I had his problem!For my computer to scan a million items, it takes ELEVEN HOURS! Most of the time, I can't even get to the scan options and have to try two or three times. It started giving me...
  5. Norton 360 scans run slow

Norton 360 scans run slow: One user complained that it took two hours to scan a million items.BOY! I wish I had his problem!For my computer to scan a million items, it takes ELEVEN HOURS! Most of the time, I can't even get to the scan options and have to try two or three times. It started giving me...
  6. Norton 360 scans run slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.: I have been facing this issue since months now and its very frustrating. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes for windows to boot up and an additional minute for windows to get ready for usage. The manufacturer logo with the loading cursor loads for 2 minutes and then says...
  8. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.: I have been facing this issue since months now and its very frustrating. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes for windows to boot up and an additional minute for windows to get ready for usage. The manufacturer logo with the loading cursor loads for 2 minutes and then says...
  9. quick scan issue "action recommended" too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan issue "action recommended" too slow: i have that yellow icon that said "action recommended" i tried to quick scan but it take forever and someone told me it's because the updates but i install it and still the issue....
  10. Slow When Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Slow When Scanning: Whenever I run a full scan on my PC, my PC becomes unbearably slow. It becomes so slow that even Google Meet completely freezes. Is there anything I can do to minimize this?...