Windows 10: Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

Discus and support Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded the PC from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 5 3600. So, new motherboard, cpu, and ram but kept the old hard drive, video card, power supply.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ProTech72s, May 4, 2020.

1. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

I just upgraded the PC from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 5 3600. So, new motherboard, cpu, and ram but kept the old hard drive, video card, power supply.

After the PC exits sleep mode, it is sluggish with the mouse sort of skipping across the screen during movement. Sound also skips. The computer will gets stuck if I try to restart or shutdown at this time.

The PC works fine otherwise. So, sound is fine after normal boot before using sleep mode, and restart or shutdown would work normally.

Here are the solutions tried so far:

1. Updated bios on Asus X570-P Prime to latest version 1407

2. All drivers appear to be updated

3. All Windows updates applied Windows 64-bit home

4. Ran Glary Utilities

5. Tested different versions of the Realtek audio driver

6. Turned off fast boot option

7. Ran Windows troubleshooter for audio and power

8. Did a Windows reset

What should I do next? Do I need to erase the system drive and do a new Windows install?

:)

ProTech72s, May 4, 2020
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, May 4, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 4, 2020
  4. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

1. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode - Similar Threads - Sluggish computer sound

2. Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode: I currently have windows 10 on my HP laptop which I've owned for 2-ish years now and last night I began to have a problem with starting up my computer from sleep mode. After being closed for a few minutes and entering sleep mode my PC will open to the picture for my lock...
  3. No Sound After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  4. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  5. Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while

Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while: Hi, I am facing two problems not quite sure if they are connected. The first is that whenever my desktop pc is under sleep mode it cannot wake up through my wireless mouse and keyboard. The second problem is that after the pc is on sleep mode it restarts on its own after a...
  6. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound issues after Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after Sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a problem with my Sound after my PC awakes from Sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time but rather irregularly. Still annoying tho because I have to reboot each time it happens. After I awake my computer the Sound icon is displayed in my systray with a...
  8. Windows 10 computer exits sleep mode on its own

Windows 10 computer exits sleep mode on its own: Hello, About a month ago, two completely unrelated Windows 10 desktop computers that I use (my personnal one at home and my profesionnal one at work) started to exit sleep mode on their own in the middle of the night, with no apparent reason. I know that sometimes,...
  9. Error upon exiting sleep mode

Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  10. PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC got sluggish after coming out from sleep mode: HI Support team, I believe this has been an ongoing issue for years and every time you guys just give workaround or j grab some KB articles from your sharepoint or confluence, and send it to us. PLEASE bring this issue to an upper level. it is not about driver update or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sound rasping after sleep