Windows 10: Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

Discus and support Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have this very weird problem using Windows 10. If I minimize all my windows, the desktop is very sluggish, selecting icons takes a second or two. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thecokeguy, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

I have this very weird problem using Windows 10. If I minimize all my windows, the desktop is very sluggish, selecting icons takes a second or two. But when I restore a window and handle my desktop right beside it, it's extremely responsive. It's completely stable behavior, all minimized = sluggish, just one restored = very responsive.

Any one else having this issue? Any ideas to what could be causing it?

:)

thecokeguy, Jul 22, 2017
  2. SeaDogC60 Win User

Defer Win 10 Pro Updates?

Gunny,

I agree with all of your comments. I've noticed the random unwanted window minimization and the sluggish operation after Windows 10 has been running for a while.

Hope MSFT is listening.

SeaDogC60, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Desktop Area on System Tray - Windows 10

Windows+M actually minimizes all windows.

Windows+D shows the desktop and restores all windows where they were when pressed again.

Franklin A Ribeiro, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

1. Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized - Similar Threads - Sluggish desktop are

2. Point and click to minimize all windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Point and click to minimize all windows: Until yesterday, I was able to minimize all windows by pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and clicking. Restarting did not help restore this feature.Does anyone know why this could have stopped working, and how to restore it?...
  3. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  4. How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized: So, I'm a fan of the minimize all button on the bottom-right, probably one of the only explorer features from Windows 7 8? that I actually like lol, but here's what annoys me about it. If you minimize all and then open a window, it will always bring up all the windows that...
  5. Showing desktop, or minimizing all windows, turns on Focus Assist. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Showing desktop, or minimizing all windows, turns on Focus Assist. Help?: Been wondering why I'm missing lots of notifications, turns out showing desktop (with the taskbar button or WIN+D), or minimizing all windows (manually or WIN+M) turns Focus Assist/DND on to Alarms only. Any clue how can I fix this? The only settings I have are to turn it on...
  6. Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop: Let's say I have a window open but not maximized, in such a way that I can still see part of my desktop wallpaper. Is there a way to minimize the window by clicking on the desktop? Thanks....
  7. Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remain on desktop when minimizing: The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows. I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell. And i have this problem. As you can see, these windows remained on desktop without their outlines, however I minimized them. This things only happen when I...
  8. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  9. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...
  10. Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop: Hi Guys, Sorry for my first post to be a query. Having a really persistent issue with windows minimizing to desktop whilst gaming, or watching movies etc. Each time I notice a few blank icons quickly load up and disappear on the taskbar - so it is obviously whatever...