Windows 10: Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

Discus and support Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a year-old HP Spectre x360 laptop, 15-ch0xx. It has an Intel i7-8705g 3.10GHz CPU and 16GB RAM. Win10 Version 1903, build 18362.418. So it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by garyfritz, Oct 25, 2019.

1. garyfritz Win User

Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

I have a year-old HP Spectre x360 laptop, 15-ch0xx. It has an Intel i7-8705g 3.10GHz CPU and 16GB RAM. Win10 Version 1903, build 18362.418.

So it's a reasonably capable system -- and yet it is often/usually very sluggish. Hit the Windows key and it sometimes takes 5 seconds or more to display the popup window. I just started Quicken and it took 20 seconds to come up. Web pages often take 20 or more seconds to render, even though a speedtest.net check says I have 100Mbps with 20ms ping.

It just feels clunky and slow much of the time. Sometimes it gets really bad, and I have to reboot. That generally helps.

When it's doing this, typically nothing special is running. It might be at 10% CPU use until I try to do something "difficult" like launching Quicken. I haven't noticed any signs of thrashing, and often there is 4-6GB free when this happens. I can't understand why it's responding so slowly.

Any suggestions? Any way to speed it up, or any ideas of things to monitor to find out what's going on?

Thanks!

:)

garyfritz, Oct 25, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

Good gaming laptop suggestions

i suggest too eurocom, if you go on the site and click on product , looks the 3 models in gaming notebook, the other suggestion is msi gaming laptop, but i think eurocom is much more configurable and much expandeble in the future

Capitan Harlock, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

1. Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions? - Similar Threads - Sluggish laptop suggestions

2. HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?: Cant detect any networks when the wifi is turned on and the network discovery is enabled. The trouble shooter also couldn't fix the issue but before I changed locations the laptop detected all the available networks just fine....
  3. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  4. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  5. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  6. slow and sluggish laptop

slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  7. LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?: Any advice really would be appreciated. Windows Reliability Monitor: https://imgur.com/a/CtVOd44 Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows: i7 8700K RTX 2080ti with a Phanteks Riser Cable Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD added recently...
  8. my laptop is sluggish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop is sluggish: I wondered if there are download file that can be removed when after updating files from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-sluggish/7c04727b-069a-4f07-a64a-0f0349985387"
  9. General Sluggishness on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    General Sluggishness on New Laptop: Okay so a little background, I've had multiple windows laptops in the past couple years, and I've had the SAME problem among all of them that I use. I also have a desktop with Windows 10 on it that does not show these symptoms. The main couple of things I notice that shows...
  10. any suggestion for .pdf

any suggestion for .pdf: Not only .pdf file can show next message: File is corrupt or damaged. I used Adobe Acrobat 8.0 during many years. But I have seen such error first time. I should like to find pdf fixer. 81458